 Pirates / 323
Re: What pirate ship mast pieces are there?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 04:09:12 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

Jonathan Wilson wrote in message <3872C18D.9616C9F8@xoommail.com>...
I know only of the mast base used on the BSB and forbidden island, the
mast
middle also used on those 2 sets and the mast top from BSB. Are there
any others
and if so which sets use them?
Also I believe there are 2 sizes of rigging piece, if I am not
mistaken...
I assume the BSB has the larger size but which sets use the small?

The mast and rigging pieces I'm aware of are:

Rigging:

Short and Long. I have never seen the long rigging in anything other than a
Pirate set. Short rigging has been in Pirate sets plus: Witch's Windship,
Extreme Creatures, Flying Time Vessel, Pharaoh's Forbidden Ruins (in black),
and the soccer light tower that I am aware of.

Masts:

2 bases: 4x4x1.6, 4x4x9 (3 if you count the 2x2.5 plate w/perpendicular 1x4
plate)

Thick 13.6 high
Thin 16 high
Thin 12 high w/peg hole and top studs (newer bowsprit)
Very thin 10 high w/integral 2x2 base (used on rowboats)

Frank

Thanks for the info.
Have the mast or hull pieces ever appeared outside pirates (except for the
flying time vessel, I know about that one)?

--
Jonathan Wilson
wilsonj@xoommail.com