 Pirates / 2030
Re: Big Thunder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 16:17:57 GMT

In lugnet.western, Tom Reed writes:
Your comment about the telescope caught my interest!  I think what you saw
was meant to be a cannon!  I believe (I could be wrong) that he was creating
a smaller cannon that mounts off the railing of the ship!
I did the same thing on my pirate ship "the Black Rose"!
http://community.webtv.net/TDReed/BlackRose
In the first pic, I used a light saber handle for a telescope and in the
third and fourth pics you can see my cannon mounted around the railings!
I'm sorry my pics aren't that great!  I have trouble with closeup shots on
my digital camera!  I'm constantly fighting it!
Anyway, I just thought you might like to know!
Tom

Tom --

I like your ship - the colors are wonderfully cooridnated. Man, though... If
*I* had that many names I'd go by "Cap'n Rose", too. urk.. :)

I have a question, though. How'd you do the black rose logo on the sails?
Silkscreen or something? What fabric did you use for the sails? While I'm
not doing Pirates ATM (I'm getting things in place for some castle stuff) I
want to use my pirate ships but with different "non-pirate" sails. I just
haven't looked around much, yet, to figure out what works best.

Thanks for any suggestions you (or anyone) can make.

Joel J