 Pirates / 1865
Re: Big pirate ship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 11:59:35 GMT

Wow, that thing is huge! Incredible details.  I really like the stairway going
from the rear deck down to the captain's cabin. I like the clever use of chains
all over it too.

Thanks for Sharing,
Jason

In lugnet.pirates, Jim Schifeling writes:
Hi, I'm rather new to this AFOL. I came in on Feb 14 as a way to help me
quit smoking because my wife is pregnant (Lego costs about the same as
smoking and is just as addictive). I had been buying Lego out of my comic
book store for a few years and never did anything with them until now. I
have no idea why I like the Pirates so much but so what. This was my first
try (sort of) at a MOC:

I started off trying to mimic the USS Constellation but after a couple of
days I decided to go off the instructions. I have torn this sucker
completely apart and started over from scratch about 6 times. Every day I
would build for an hour or so after work and then tear it apart the next
morning rebuilding to the point I left off the day before. This went on for
several weeks but now I'm done save a few minor alterations. (new sails, rat
lines, etc) End to end it is about 150 studs, weighs close to 25lbs. 15
cannon a side. Now I have to build a port for it. Before that, I'm building
a zoo for all my animals. You can see my aquarium on my pages.

VIVA LA LUGNET!
Jim