 Pirates / 1862

Subject:
Big pirate ship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 00:59:06 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi, I'm rather new to this AFOL. I came in on Feb 14 as a way to help me
quit smoking because my wife is pregnant (Lego costs about the same as
smoking and is just as addictive). I had been buying Lego out of my comic
book store for a few years and never did anything with them until now. I
have no idea why I like the Pirates so much but so what. This was my first
try (sort of) at a MOC:

I started off trying to mimic the USS Constellation but after a couple of
days I decided to go off the instructions. I have torn this sucker
completely apart and started over from scratch about 6 times. Every day I
would build for an hour or so after work and then tear it apart the next
morning rebuilding to the point I left off the day before. This went on for
several weeks but now I'm done save a few minor alterations. (new sails, rat
lines, etc) End to end it is about 150 studs, weighs close to 25lbs. 15
cannon a side. Now I have to build a port for it. Before that, I'm building
a zoo for all my animals. You can see my aquarium on my pages.

VIVA LA LUGNET!
Jim

Re: Big pirate ship
[...]

WOW!
30 cannon?!?!?!?!?
That ship would ROCK for that priate game thing :)

Re: Big pirate ship
In lugnet.pirates, Jim Schifeling writes:
[...]

HOLY COW JIM,
I am lucky to make a row boat with a one piece boat and two oars.  It just
totally floors me when I see cool stuff like this.  Hold on! I am inspired I
could make a canoe out of, RATTS, they made one of those too.
Bear

Re: Big pirate ship
Wow, that thing is huge! Incredible details.  I really like the stairway going
from the rear deck down to the captain's cabin. I like the clever use of chains
all over it too.

Thanks for Sharing,
Jason

[...]

Wow, that's an amazing ship. What do the interior details look like?

Glad to see that your parst are all organized. I too have an upcoming baby,
so I have to packup and organize all the little Lego, and get out the Duplo.

George

Re: Big pirate ship
Ohhhhh, no, sir.  Pirate?  Me?  Never such.  Just an honest trader.

(be vewwwy, vewwwwy quite!  There's a really BIG pirate hunter around)