 Pirates / 1833
Re: WTB or trade for Masts and Fleet Database, anyone interested?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 15:57:35 GMT

And i just realized that being so tired last night i never put up the
link... duh....

http://www.danslego.8m.com/THE_FLEET_LISTING.html

there are more details of what goes on each page on that page.

In lugnet.pirates, Dan Vogel writes:
As i previously said, i would slap something makeshift online. so here it
is, it can be improved upon. it explains most of the criteria and why i
think it would work on the pages. questions, comments, complaints,
suggestions, modifications, monkeys, fixes send them my way so i can work
them out. thanks.

-dan

In lugnet.pirates, Dan Vogel writes:

It is probably best to ask in lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade to look for
ship parts. My reccomendation would be to look on eBay. A lot of ship
parts get put on eBay. The other thing to do is watch for hidden 5976
River Expeditions and 6493  Flying Time Vessels. Unfortunately with no
sets in current production with ship parts, your task is difficult.

A fleet database would be interesting. I'd love to see who else is in
the same league as me on ships (of course for my fleet to look
impressive, one has to have an "unbuilt column"). A suggestion for ship
ratings is ship class in Evil Stevie's Pirate Game. Of course folks who
have creations which don't quite fit into that scheme would need some
help in evaluating their ships.

all ready sniped a couple time vessles from every TRU within a hundred
miles... literly, drove to cleveland today actually. There are many river
expeditions sitting around but without the botom portion of the masts, and
haveing about five of the top portion i havent been motivated to buy them,
for i wouldn't use them right away... plus i am hoping the KBs that they are
in decide to clearence them, checking every day though.

As for the database, i would be willing to do it. And rate the fleets(of
course mine would be just a spectator fleet since i have a little bias
towards it) At first i thought about ratings depended on Evil Stevies pirate
game, but then alot of MOCs would get left out. so i thought sheer man
power, ship power, flagship, cannon power, cannon to ship ratio... etc.
would work better. i will draw something up, slap it on line and post a link
and you all can tell me what you think needs modified. I have extra time.
Sorry if it seems i am promoting the "my fleet is bigger then your fleet"
routine. i really wanted to do it for fun, see where all the Lego pirate
ships in the world are slowly sifting to. You know we(adult collectors) have
like 30% of them i am sure, and they are slowly all moving into our
collections.  so instead of many spread around the world there are starting
to become pockets of large amounts...ok so thats just my opinion but it
seems like it sometimes. I know my fleet would not stand a chance in hell
against some of you guys, (i feel i have alot though, maybe not to some
people) thats why it seems fun. to see what people have. oh well. i will
draw something up and let people know.

-Dan