Re: WAMALUG Meeting November 11th
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.va
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 20:21:49 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.wamalug, Jennifer L. Boger writes:
Washington, DC-area children have an opportunity to "build their
imaginations" using thousands of LEGO® bricks to create a giant mural
of popular characters from the exciting world of Harry PotterTM.

Designed to withstand thousands of shuffling feet and little fingers,
the two-dimensional mural will measure 7 ½' x 11' when complete and
depicts Harry Potter, Hermione Granger(tm), Ron Weasley(tm) and the
infamous Professor Snape.  Children are invited to help build the
mural by placing handfuls of LEGO bricks in the appropriate space, with
guidance from any child's ultimate mentor - LEGO Master Model
Builders.

This sounds like a few events we had at the Mall of America LEGO Imagination
Center while I worked there.  Basically a wall of baseplates, with areas
indicated for each color of brick.  Each kid will get a small supply of
bricks of a specific color, and they will fill in a section of the mural.
Think of a large cross between LEGO Mosaic and a paint-by-number set.  <grin>

They were chaotic events, we would have dozens of kids all going at once -
but they were a LOT of fun!

JohnG, GMLTC