Re: WAMALUG Meeting November 11th
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.va
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 20:16:36 GMT

Katie Dokken wrote:

In lugnet.loc.us.dc, Christina Hitchcock writes:

And/or join some of us at Union Station this weekend for the LEGO Harry
Potter event.

I keep seeing this mentioned but no one posts what this is!!!  WHAT is the
LEGO Harry Potter event at Union Station this weekend?  What day is it, what
time is it, who's putting this on, is Lego or is Wamalug?  or who? Where in
Union Station will this be? etc!  Does anyone know anything at all about this?
Gees.  Even a date and time would really be good.

To be clear: this is NOT a WAMALUG event - some of us may be attending however.

(article source unknown):

LEGO Company Invites Washington, DC-Area Children
to Build Giant LEGO® Harry PotterTM Mural

At Union Station

Saturday & Sunday, November 3rd & 4th

10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.

Children Entertainment:  11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. each day

Washington, DC-area children have an opportunity to "build their
imaginations" using thousands of LEGO® bricks to create a giant mural
of popular characters from the exciting world of Harry PotterTM.

Designed to withstand thousands of shuffling feet and little fingers,
the two-dimensional mural will measure 7 ½' x 11' when complete and
depicts Harry Potter, Hermione Granger(tm), Ron Weasley(tm) and the
infamous Professor Snape.  Children are invited to help build the
mural by placing handfuls of LEGO bricks in the appropriate space, with
guidance from any child's ultimate mentor - LEGO Master Model
Builders.

While at Union Station, children not only will be able to participate
in building the mural, they'll also have the chance to "guess the number
of bricks" it takes to complete the entire design.  The closest guess
will be awarded a one-foot-tall LEGO Harry Potter statue, custom made in
the Model Design Shop in Enfield, Connecticut, from 573 LEGO bricks.