Re: Anyone have empty blue tubs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.md
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 03:51:17 GMT

I don't have any blue tubs that I want to get rid of but I have a bunch of
the small red (4285), large red (4288), and purple (2494) buckets that I
want to get rid of.

I know that WAMALUG (now WAMALTC I guess) were using the small tubs as post
holders for the train show ropes.  I wasn't really happy with the look of
them since the poles never stood up straight.  I was thinking about taking
some buckets and pouring some cement in them to make them stable and was
trying to figure a way to replace the wood poles with PVC tubes but if I put
the poles in the cement they won't come out and would be awkward to
transport.  I was looking for a larger tube that I could put in the cement
and slip the tubes that would hold the rope into but I haven't found any
that would fit.  I was looking into this several months ago but wasn't happy
with the results.  I just thought this might be a cool thing to do for the
club but I hadn't gotten around to talking to anybody about this yet.

All these small tubs are sitting around and either I need to move them into
the shed in the backyard until I have more time to deal with them or I'd be
happy to give them to somebody who could use them.  My preference would be
to give them to somebody to continue with my idea but otherwise I'd be happy
to give them to a good home if all you wanted to use them for is storage.
Yeah, I know they aren't as good as the blue tubs for storage, but...

If I hear any good responses I can bring them to the meeting this Saturday.

Abe