Re: Brickfest map
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 17:01:11 GMT

Stephen F Roberts wrote:

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:

In lugnet.org.us.wamalug, Kevin Loch writes:
I just uploaded Stephens excellent map of the building
that Brickfest will be in.

The gray shading indicates the primary rooms we will occupy, but
everything that is labeled (like "hall", "Cafeteria", "lounge")
we can use.  There are a bunch of tables, especially in the lounge
and cafeteria.

Cool! Any of those three rooms would be great for the pirate game. What is the
floor surface (if there's a carpetted room, that would be best since we will
be spending a lot of time on the floor, and will be pushing LEGO around).

...Actually, the best place for tons of floor space is up on the 3rd floor. We have run of
pretty much the whole building and all public areas therein. The 3rd floor has a _great_
big ol lounge area with some comfy chairs and end tables we can use for the table of
captains :-) If that's too far out from the fray (depending on the turnout we may well be
using all this extra land :-), the cafeteria is good (but linoleum floor), and the back
part of the area labeled 'lounge' is carpeted (but may run a bit into other events (which
also isn't that bad ("Look out! A giant sea monster!! nah... just someone's legs" :-)

One reason I was looking at using one of the rooms is so we can set up
Friday and have it secured over night. Of course we could just set up
early Saturday, or security may be sufficient in the other areas (and we
don't necessarily need to lay out the islands on the floor until just
before play so having it in an area which could be walked through by the
security folks wouldn't be bad).

If carpeted space is available, we definitely want that (I'd like to
minimize the scuff damage on the bottom of the ships [though I've got a
bunch of the 2x2 round "coasters" if we don't have carpeting - probably
put them on anywise since they'll make the ships slide easier on carpet
also], and breakage potential if something is dropped), and bigger is
always better.

Of course you guys are the ones running the event, so it's your
decision.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com