 Organizations / United States / TEXLUG / 157

Re: TEXLUG Meeting Wrap-up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.texlug
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:20:59 GMT

Ha! I though I was being conservative in my bridge design. I allowed for
8-wide cars and a 14 brick-height vertical clearance. It turns out that was
nearly the minimum needed. I goofed when I built my tank car too tall.

The next time I'll try and let everyone know, and I'll most definitely build
more clearance into my bridges.

TJ

The bridges were plenty wide.  The boxcar my wife built was just too wide in
design.  She's working on a redesign right now that I think will be much more
visually pleasing and a bit narrower.  I'm also working on my engine, but I'm
afraid it will always have those side clearance problems at corners and toss
signs across the room.

For next time I plan on making an engine designed for a head-on collision.
I'll make sure it flies apart in a dramatic way and snaps back together easily
for another run!  Anybody else interested?

Leonard

Re: TEXLUG Meeting Wrap-up