Re: When the world was young...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 00:19:03 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Joe Comeau writes:

I think you're not seeing it right.  Basically, each team comes up with 10
magical items.  The actual items can be just about anything, swords,
goblets, coins, anything.  Each team can decide what kind of effect it will
produce, such as increased speed by 4", halving your armor value or perhaps
some sort of energy ball spell that can affect an area.  The teams do this
independently of one another and bring to the game their list of
items/enchantments.  Come game day, we see what items people have chosen to
enchant.  Any items that are the same, will have the Team Name listed as a
placeholder on the Ker-Magic-Don't-Let-Me-Down table for that item and
assigned a number(s) based on how many there are and what the appropriate
die to use is (if there are 3 enchanments associated with a chrome sword, a
1d6 will be used and each enchantment will get two numbers, if there are 10
enchantments, then each gets a single number and a 1d10 will be used).  All
items are then placed in some sort of container and will be randomly
scattered throughout the land.  When a player decides to pick up an item,
the appropriate roll will be made to determine which Team/enchantment it is.
At this point, the enchantment is revealed to everyone and that unit, good
,bad, or indifferent is now stuck with it.

Does that clear things up?

Yup, that works. Thanks. Although I do like Mike's idea of each item having
a possible negative as well.

-W

Thanks
-W