Re: When the world was young...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:40:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.nelug, Joe Comeau writes:

"Shaun Sullivan" <shaun_sullivan@irco.com> wrote in message

Hmmmmm.  I'd been thinking 1000 CP per player ... do we definitely want to
avoid this?  On average, this would still come to at most 100 troops,
assuming you had all regular troopers.  Throw in heroes, horses, catapults,
ballistae, siege towers, and each person would have much less than that.  Is
that acceptable, or do people definitely find that too high?

Jonathan and I can handle this with the caveat that Team C (Dave, Dan and
Jenn) only get 2000 CP total and, therefore, 500 CP max allotted to SP.

Just to be a royal pain, I'd forgo this caveat altogether.  1000 CP per player.
If other people decide they can play (Hendo ... where are you?), then they can
add another 1000 CP as well.  The unlucky team is the one that doesn't have as
many players as the other side.

Having played the underdog on several occasions, I can vouch for it still being
just as fun.  Sometimes evenly matched team tend to go head-to-head ... someone
who's playing at an initial disadvantage has to get all creative.  Plus it
counts for soooo much more when one whallops one's opponents.

Just my two cents.  Besides, I can't envision Jen as a force to be reckoned
with anyway.  I envision her troops running to the nearest pond to stare at the
pretty tropical fish ;)  As if being handicapped with Dave weren't enough ...
poor, poor Dan.

-s