  Re: When the world was young...

(...) Oops! Sorry, I didn't mean to get so wrapped up. Of course anybody could pick up a magical sword, chalice, amulet, talisman, armor, shield, plunger, or what have you ... but spellbooks, with things like fireballs and levitate and stuff like (...) (21 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: When the world was young...

(...) I kinda like the idea-- We could go for some extra added randomness too, by doing something like: - Each team brings.. oh... 10 magical objects (or whatever). - Each of the 20 objects are put into brown treasure chests (or some other type of (...) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: When the world was young...

(...) Okay, here's an idea that might work for everyone. I *do* like the idea of granting certain magical powers (spell casting) through objects, *but* I also think these objects are special. So my idea is that while any unit can pick it up, no unit (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: When the world was young...

(...) Are magical items resistant to fire? If they aren't then I should proably avoid picking them up since I am prone to firey deaths. (...) Do we have a willing neutral to scatter the items? (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: When the world was young...

(...) Hmm... quite interesting. Effectively, if (say) I pick up some magical plate armor that ends up *forcing* me to run everywhere in straight lines at twice my move rate every turn, I would have to drop any plate armor (or other thing that might (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: When the world was young...

(...) I was thinking whoever touches it automatically gets equiped with it, so your only choices are to pick it up or leave it (or position another unit to grab it). As for when you find out what it does, I kind of like the idea of not knowing until (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: When the world was young...

(...) How about this? And I steal this, without apology, from the classic ASCII graphics game "Rogue", which was the predecessor to "Moria": The function of an item is unknown until it is used ... and items with penalties are considered "cursed", (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: When the world was young...

(...) I'm all for this approach. One thing to note though - if you are already wearing a chainmail, you just wouldn't be able to touch that glowing piece of platemail on the ground, unless you remove the armor you're wearing beforehand. right? Also, (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: When the world was young...

(...) Unless this is just randomly rolled as a particular race touches the object, it would mean that we would need to know all of the races beforehand...something I'm loath to do at this point. I also kind of like the idea that the same (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: When the world was young...

(...) I'm thinking that since this is magic, the magic armor would "magically" replace your existing armor, so that it takes at the end of the movement phase. Your old armor would just be left on the ground. (...) *Love* this! (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: When the world was young...

(...) but that means that you'll be able to switch back and fourth... now, if the old armor magically disappears, that's a different story. Do you dare try on the new armor? It might be better than your "thong +3", but it might not! (...) does that (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: When the world was young...

(...) You forget, you can't get rid of the magic item unless you die (well, that's what I'm proposing). Think "face-hugger" like in the movie Aliens...once it's their, you're bound to it. Only death will set you free. Only in this case, it might be (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: When the world was young...

(...) Well... Let's say you're wearing a magic armor plate. Then you find *another* magic armor plate. Does it magically replace the one you're wearing? Does it create a matter/anti-matter paradox of both objects vying in utter contest to be worn, (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: When the world was young...

(...) I knew you were going to ask that...I would say that a unit can only possess one of any kind of magic item (thus limiting their total ability to consume all magic in the world) and once they have an item of that type, that's it, so any future (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug)