  Re: Amy's advertising rant

(...) <snipped Excellent Advertising "rant" > I don't think it was a rant, rather a good discussion on advertising on websites. I don't want ads on the site either. I think the only thing would be on members pages, or maybe a special links section (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Amy's advertising rant

(...) The following rant is directed at our brain-dead society, and the advertisers who think our time and attention are theirs to sell, and not at Larry... The problem with web advertising is that it doesn't pay well enough to be worth the bother. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Amy's advertising rant

(...) Whoa, whoa... <snip banner ad critique (well placed, BTW)> I wasn't talking about big commercial banner ads. I meant if, say, Scott decided to pay some significant part of the site costs that there ought to be a link back to his commercial (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Amy's advertising rant

(...) <major snip> Scott's exiting the business? TSSC is closing? Or just until or you get situated in South Bend? -Jason (23 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Amy's advertising rant

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Amy Hughes wrote: <snip awesome anti-advert rant> You go Amy! Especially this part: (...) When I started getting advertising on the envelopes of my monthly bills, I knew the end times were drawing near. Steve (23 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.org.us.michlug)