 Organizations / United States / LRGOAA / *66 (-5)
Subject:
Big thanks for Sumo-bot 6!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 13:38:14 GMT

I'd like to extend my thanks to all of you for making Sumo-bot 6 a
success! When I say all of you, I mean all of you who came out to
participate, built robots or just showed up to help, thanks!

I'd like to specifically thank Joe and Rob for their contribution to the
day and their on-going support of the group over these past 3 years (oh
yeah did I mention Sumo-bot 6 marks our 3 year anniversary?). Without them
the LRGoAA would not exist.

Also, I feel I would be slighting him if I didn't thank Duane for all his
hard work on the images we used for the web site and the excellent poster
he created for us. Additionally Duane deserves thanks for all of his
event-day work manning the 4 (or was it 5?) video cameras that were placed
around the playing area. This will turn into more hard work for him
editing all of that footage down into some web friendly movies as well as
a full-blown DVD archive. Thanks Duane, you rock!

Additional thanks goes to the Ring Masters: Tim, Brian, Gabe, Steve, Josh
and Paul. In particular I would like to thank Tim for basically running
the RIS half of the event. Aside from a few moments here and there with
the scoring system, I don't think I was required to even think about how
that class was going all day; thanks Tim!

Other people that need mentioning: Josh deserves big thanks for all his
help lugging my junk in and out of the museum and for helping me get
things set-up and going. thanks to Brian, Gabe, Josh, Steve, Rob and Duane
who all brought stuff to be used by the event (rings, computers, scales,
cameras, etc.). And if you brought something we used and I didn't thank
you, then thanks!

Jona

Subject:
Sumo-bot 6!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 2004 16:36:35 GMT

LEGO Robotics Group of Ann Arbor invites you to compete in Sumo-bot 6

What: Our annual LEGO-based robotics sumo wrestling competition pits robot
contestants against each other in a struggle to shove one another off of the
sumo-ring. Last year's event fielded 34 robots in 2 classes competing on 2
sumo-rings, we will be using 4 sumo-rings this year to allow for maximum number
of matches. Event rules and details may be found at www.24tooth.com/sumobot6/.

When: Saturday, September 18, 2004 from 10:00 AM to 4:30 PM (doors open for
competitors at 9:00 AM)

Where: At the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum located at 220 E. Ann St. here in Ann
Arbor. The museum can be reached at 734-995-5439.

Who: The competition is open to anyone who can build a robot that conforms to
the event rules, pre-register their robot, and attend the event. Everyone is
welcome as a spectator. Free admission to museum for 2 builders per each robot
entry, normal museum admission price for spectators.

Why: For fun and experience with LEGO robotics and because based on fair
competition, Sumo-bot wrestling encourages friendships and the exchange of
ideas, showcases accomplishments, advances robotics, and seeds interest in
future generations of robot builders.

Subject:
2nd Annual Midwest Lego Train Show ........call for participation........
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug, lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa, lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 02:53:40 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

2nd Annual Midwest Lego Train Show

NILTC is pleased to announce that we will be holding the 2nd Annual
Midwest Lego Train Show in Wheaton, IL December 4-5th. This show was proven to
be a great success last year smashing all previous attendance records while at
the same time bringing together 3 separate Lego train clubs. This year we are
looking to encourage even more clubs to come join the fun. We have a large
indoor facility at the historic Cantigny Park.

Any interested clubs or individuals should contact OnDrew Hartigan to discuss
the details.

Friday, December 3rd
    SETUP noon until we are done. Please note that we will have visitors in
    the building until 4pm.
Saturday, December 4th
     SETUP 7-9am    SHOW 9am-4pm    PLAY time  4pm-?
Sunday, December 5th
      SHOW 9am-4pm   tear down 4pm-?

Address
  1s 151 Winfield rd.
  Winfield, IL 60190

Directions:
  http://www.cantignypark.com/NewSite/directions.htm

Last year we had 4 train layouts and 1 castle layout. While we have
named this show a "train show" all themes are welcome. From robotics to
moonbases, anything Lego will make a delightful addition to this event.

Thanks,
OnDrew
roj2323 at yahoo . com

-----------------------------------

p.s. Thank you Jason for helping me write this up.

Subject:
Trash Day event details
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 18:27:33 GMT

Hi all,

The Trash Day event will take place: Saturday, April 17th. at 2:00 PM.

The location will be my house here in Ann Arbor, my street address is: 422 S. 7th. St.

My house is on the West side of the street about 3 houses from the intersection of Liberty and Seventh. You can see a detailed map and also get directions from your location by following this link to Mapquest.com: Click here for map.

Doors will be open approximately at 12 noon for you to have time to test run the route and debug your programs. If it is possible, please do not show up before noon as we may not be home. :)

A word about parking... We share a drive way with out neighbors, so parking is tight. However, there is a street nearby that usually has plenty of parking available on it. If you find our house and see the drive is full, continue south on 7th. until you reach Jefferson (which intersects 7th. from the east). You can safely park on Jefferson and walk the half block or so to my house. If this is unclear, just stop in our drive way, and we will help you.

A word about programs and competition day... I have successfully set up the current version of BricXcc on my laptop. BricXcc is a front end GUI for the widely used NQC programming language for the RCX. I also have RIS 2.0 on my desktop machine. So if you think you may be needing to tweak your program on event day, and don’t have your own laptop to bring along, then you are welcome to use my stuff. If you use NQC or BricXcc, then just bring your files on a floppy. If you use RIS 2.0 then you are going need to e-mail your files to me ahead of time (my desktop floppy drive is not functioning).

If there are any questions or concerns, please let me know.

See you Saturday,

Jona

Re: Picking a time & place
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa, lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 23:50:44 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa, Jason Spears wrote:
   Ok, so we sorta came to a conclusion that having a meeting could be interesting. Now we need to figure out a date and location that works for both clubs.

Date - I haven’t polled the MichLUG members, so people are going to have express themselves here, but some dates that I guessed might work are listed below. While I have listed dates on Saturdays, it is possible that a Sunday would work as well.

May 1st
May 29th
June 5th
June 12th

I think I’d prefer to hold off until after MCCC, if possible, especially if we’re going to hold this in lieu of a regular MichLUG meeting (May 1st, June 5th).

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact