 Organizations / United States / LRGOAA / 66
65  |  67
Subject:
Big thanks for Sumo-bot 6!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 13:38:14 GMT

I'd like to extend my thanks to all of you for making Sumo-bot 6 a
success! When I say all of you, I mean all of you who came out to
participate, built robots or just showed up to help, thanks!

I'd like to specifically thank Joe and Rob for their contribution to the
day and their on-going support of the group over these past 3 years (oh
yeah did I mention Sumo-bot 6 marks our 3 year anniversary?). Without them
the LRGoAA would not exist.

Also, I feel I would be slighting him if I didn't thank Duane for all his
hard work on the images we used for the web site and the excellent poster
he created for us. Additionally Duane deserves thanks for all of his
event-day work manning the 4 (or was it 5?) video cameras that were placed
around the playing area. This will turn into more hard work for him
editing all of that footage down into some web friendly movies as well as
a full-blown DVD archive. Thanks Duane, you rock!

Additional thanks goes to the Ring Masters: Tim, Brian, Gabe, Steve, Josh
and Paul. In particular I would like to thank Tim for basically running
the RIS half of the event. Aside from a few moments here and there with
the scoring system, I don't think I was required to even think about how
that class was going all day; thanks Tim!

Other people that need mentioning: Josh deserves big thanks for all his
help lugging my junk in and out of the museum and for helping me get
things set-up and going. thanks to Brian, Gabe, Josh, Steve, Rob and Duane
who all brought stuff to be used by the event (rings, computers, scales,
cameras, etc.). And if you brought something we used and I didn't thank
you, then thanks!

Jona