 Organizations / United States / LRGOAA / * (-5)
Re: Brick Bash 2006 in Ann Arbor, MI!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa, lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 06:35:49 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Duane Collicott wrote:
   Greetings to my fellow AFOLs in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana!

(you may have also seen the general announcement, but this is an invitation specifically to AFOLs in my area...)

On Saturday, March 11, I will be hosting the second annual Brick Bash, a public LEGO-building party in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I am looking for AFOLs in the area come and exhibit their creations. The event will be from 12:00 until 6:00, there is no admission, and I will be providing food and drinks.

The Web site for this event is www.BrickBash.com.

This event has several purposes:
  1. Evangelism: Introduce more of the general public to the LEGO building hobby, creating new hobbyists of all ages and bringing adults out of their “dark ages”.

  2. Fun: Provide a regional event for AFOLs to display their work to the public and other AFOLs.

  3. Education: Raise awareness of my educational work, Bricks for Brains (www.BricksForBrains.org), which is being established as a not-for-profit organization.
If any of you are interested in exhibiting, please contact me at duane@collicott.com.

By the way, this is a family event. Therefore, MOCs should be selected accordingly.

Thanks!

Duane Collicott

Bump -- Brick Bash is just a month away (Feb is a short month don’t cha know!)

If any AFOLs in the are are interested, I’d love to have you at Brick Bash, either as a group or as individuals.

I’ll be providing food, coffee, pop, and brick badges.

Also, your organization (LUG, whatever) is encouraged to plan on a table for publicizing their groups. No fees for anything.

Hope to see you there!

Duane Collicott duane@collicott.com www.BrickBash.com

Subject:
Brick Bash 2006 in Ann Arbor, MI!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa, lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug
Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 13:56:29 GMT

[...]

Subject:
Call for MOCs at Bricks for Brains' First Annual Brick Bash
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.edu, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.oh.tol
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2005 04:48:31 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

This is a bit of a repost, because the date changed.

For those of you who don’t already know, I present educational hands-on LEGO® building exhibits at museums, schools, etc. The Web site for this work is at http://www.BricksForBrains.com.

I’m holding my first annual Brick Bash (www.BrickBash.com) fund raising party on Saturday June 11, from 1pm to 5pm, here in Ann Arbor, MI, USA (those of you who are familiar with other annual spring-time events in Ann Arbor will catch the “Bash” reference).

So here’s the invitation to all AFOLs: Come show off your creations at my event! I can’t pay anything, but I can feed you and maybe I can find some gas money for you. Or, if you’re in the area and don’t have anything to show, stop by and visit. There’s NO admission fee.

Funds raied at the event will be used for turning Bricks for Brains into a non-profit organization, which will help me obtain funding, such as grants and corporate donations/sponsorships, so that I may continue to expand this work and present exhibits for organizations that can’t afford it themselves (like a lot of schools and the smaller museums).

I’ll have my big cable-stayed bridge there (13.5 feet long) and my Great Lakes ore freighter (9 feet long). Both are scale models of the real thing. There will also be other exhibitors, including a robotics guy.

More information is at www.BrickBash.com, or you can contact me at duane@collicott.com.

Hope to see you there! Come support education!

Duane

Subject:
Call for MOCs at Bricks for Brains Fund Raiser
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.oh.tol
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 19:40:29 GMT

Greetings to all Michigan and Ohio LEGO builders!

Bricks For Brains is the name of my educational work. I present educational,
hands-on LEGO building exhibits. Information abuot my work is avialable at my
Web site: http://www.BricksForBrains.com.

I am holding my first annual fund raising event on Saturday, May 21, in the
afternoon, here in Ann Arbor.  The venue will be the Ann Arbor IT Zone, which is
right downtown. The purpose of this event is to raise the money needed to become
a non-profit organization. This status will help me greatly in obtaining funding
for my educational exhibits.

Along with other attractions and activities at this event, I would like to have
several builders show off their creations. These could be just about anything:
buildings, cities, trains, robotics, artwork, etc. Go crazy, hit me with
whatever idea you have.

Anyone who participates will be listed as a supporter of the event, and I will
aggressively promote (in mailings, announcements, signage, etc) you and whatever
organization you represent or are a member of.

Who knows, maybe this will end up becoming a regional AFOL event!

See you at House of Bricks!

Subject:
Big thanks for Sumo-bot 6!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa
Date:
Sun, 26 Sep 2004 13:38:14 GMT

I'd like to extend my thanks to all of you for making Sumo-bot 6 a
success! When I say all of you, I mean all of you who came out to
participate, built robots or just showed up to help, thanks!

I'd like to specifically thank Joe and Rob for their contribution to the
day and their on-going support of the group over these past 3 years (oh
yeah did I mention Sumo-bot 6 marks our 3 year anniversary?). Without them
the LRGoAA would not exist.

Also, I feel I would be slighting him if I didn't thank Duane for all his
hard work on the images we used for the web site and the excellent poster
he created for us. Additionally Duane deserves thanks for all of his
event-day work manning the 4 (or was it 5?) video cameras that were placed
around the playing area. This will turn into more hard work for him
editing all of that footage down into some web friendly movies as well as
a full-blown DVD archive. Thanks Duane, you rock!

Additional thanks goes to the Ring Masters: Tim, Brian, Gabe, Steve, Josh
and Paul. In particular I would like to thank Tim for basically running
the RIS half of the event. Aside from a few moments here and there with
the scoring system, I don't think I was required to even think about how
that class was going all day; thanks Tim!

Other people that need mentioning: Josh deserves big thanks for all his
help lugging my junk in and out of the museum and for helping me get
things set-up and going. thanks to Brian, Gabe, Josh, Steve, Rob and Duane
who all brought stuff to be used by the event (rings, computers, scales,
cameras, etc.). And if you brought something we used and I didn't thank
you, then thanks!

Jona

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact