Re: Brick Bash 2006 in Ann Arbor, MI!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa, lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 06:35:49 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Duane Collicott wrote:
   Greetings to my fellow AFOLs in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana!

(you may have also seen the general announcement, but this is an invitation specifically to AFOLs in my area...)

On Saturday, March 11, I will be hosting the second annual Brick Bash, a public LEGO-building party in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I am looking for AFOLs in the area come and exhibit their creations. The event will be from 12:00 until 6:00, there is no admission, and I will be providing food and drinks.

The Web site for this event is www.BrickBash.com.

This event has several purposes:
  1. Evangelism: Introduce more of the general public to the LEGO building hobby, creating new hobbyists of all ages and bringing adults out of their “dark ages”.

  2. Fun: Provide a regional event for AFOLs to display their work to the public and other AFOLs.

  3. Education: Raise awareness of my educational work, Bricks for Brains (www.BricksForBrains.org), which is being established as a not-for-profit organization.
If any of you are interested in exhibiting, please contact me at duane@collicott.com.

By the way, this is a family event. Therefore, MOCs should be selected accordingly.

Thanks!

Duane Collicott

Bump -- Brick Bash is just a month away (Feb is a short month don’t cha know!)

If any AFOLs in the are are interested, I’d love to have you at Brick Bash, either as a group or as individuals.

I’ll be providing food, coffee, pop, and brick badges.

Also, your organization (LUG, whatever) is encouraged to plan on a table for publicizing their groups. No fees for anything.

Hope to see you there!

Duane Collicott duane@collicott.com www.BrickBash.com