 Organizations / Canada / SALUG / * (-5)
Subject:
SALUG at Supertrain 2006
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca.salug, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.disney
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 05:16:17 GMT

Greetings,

SALUG (Southern Alberta Lego User's Group) attended Supertrain, the groups forth
time at this train show in Calgary, Alberta. Attendance for the two days was
about 14,000. Pictures (and video) can be seen at:

Highlights of the show include:

Daryl's Disneyland (Cinderella's Castle, Main Street, Small World)
Chris's Calgary Tower
Roy's Automated Backhoe (more details coming soon)
Glen's technic models
Albert's housing development
Grant's mountain tunnel
and what I think is our best city scene ever (by Trevor, Roy, Daryl, and Mike).

And there was a few trains to make it a 'train' show.

Roy Nelson

Subject:
Announcing the SALUG website.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.salug
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:11:31 GMT

Hi All,

I just noticed a small oversight. Our club has had webspace for the past few
months and we have yet to announce it. So without further ado, here is the link
to SALUG's website:

http://www.salugweb.ca/

For those of you living in the Calgary area, feel free to fill out our contact
form and join us. Currently we are an AFOL (Adult Fans of Lego) group only, but
that may change as time progresses. Feel free to drop by and check out some of
our train show pictures as well as some of our member galleries.

Will

Re: Supertrain pictures - SALUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.salug
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 17:05:58 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Roy Nelson wrote:
This years display included:
Tire fire
Canyon

These 2 are particularly original.  That tire fire is awesome!  :]

KDJ
_____________
LUGNETer #203

Re: Supertrain pictures - SALUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.salug
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 01:00:24 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.salug, Nick Crocco wrote:
I haven't posted here in probably 2 years. But after seeing your Disneyland
layout, and the amazing Haunted Mansion, I just had to say wow. The layout is
absolutely amazing! It's great to see and I'm glad you guys won first place.
Thanks for posting! Any chance of seeing more pics of the Mansion??

Hi Nick,

The owner of the haunted mansion should have his pictures up in a few days. He
is sure to have quite a few picks of it.

Will

Re: Supertrain pictures - SALUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.salug
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:38:04 GMT

I haven't posted here in probably 2 years. But after seeing your Disneyland
layout, and the amazing Haunted Mansion, I just had to say wow. The layout is
absolutely amazing! It's great to see and I'm glad you guys won first place.
Thanks for posting! Any chance of seeing more pics of the Mansion??

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact