 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13556
Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 19:34:57 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry wrote:

Nicely drawn as usual.  I like this idea for a game a lot.

Thanks!  I think this game will be a lot of fun.

I think it's definately necissary, but as to what that number is, without
having a balance at home I'm not sure what to suggest.  I've got some nice
scales at work, I could get the mass of say, 4 RCX's and check what that is?

I think we should take something like one RCX, three motors and then triple or
quadruple the number to get a restriction.

My initial suggestion would be, to have the beam split down the centre, and
then measured both ways equally some distance (24 studs? 32 studs?) and have
another line.  There's your maximum size - although we'll probably have to
have restrictions in the other two dimensions, otherwise you could just
build some big long hang-down robot that clamps onto the vertical support or
something like that (maybe that's not bad? I don't know).

Well, I think one dimension restriction should be okay, ie, the length idea you
have there.  I don't want to restrict the idea of clamping against the vertical
support, or pushing against the floor.  Maybe draw a one foot sweep around the
center of the 2x4, defining a cylinder?

-Dimensions of balance staging.

Not quite sure what you mean - if you mean the size of the beam, I liked the
idea of using a big long 2x4x8' beam.

I think I was trying to say how large the supporting H frame underneath would
be.

Thanks to Calum and Chris and Dave and everyone else for their work in
setting up yesterdays event.  So fun!

As much as we put into each event, it's the participants which make it fun!
Thanks to everyone for showing up!

Calum