 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13532
Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 19:44:04 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:
Do we really need a weight restriction?  I mean, if you really want to load yer bad boy up with lead bricks bought off BrickLink, go right ahead.

It's easier and heavier to do it with battery boxes.  I have more then
enough of those.  In the MIT contest, how do they handle this?

Derek's got a good point - lead bricks aren't necessary - lots of battery boxes
with dead batteries, or, 8466 tires.

I would suggest a digital postal scale for event day, or a mechanical LEGO-built
scale.  Anyone UNDER the defined weight limit could have 2x4s added to their
robot to bring them up to the maximum.

I think trying to weigh and balance all the robots on the actual 2x4x8' would be
much too time consuming on game day.

John