 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12612
  Whatever happened...

What happened to the old days? I don't remember Lego being this un-"fun": -People never used to complain MORE of a cool set was coming along. Sets weren't "collectable" and no one worried about "exclusivity". -Scalping wasn't an accepted way of (...) (19 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto) !!

  Re: Whatever happened...

For more then a Year now I haven't read much on Lugnet other then rtl. You've just hit most of the reasons why. Derek (19 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) Probably most of us still are. Some of us (I'm thinking of myself here) like to spend our free time playing (with LEGO, with our kids, etc.) instead of turning a hobby into an obsession (and posting about it). I have a choice between (...) (19 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) you know who ~I~ blame!!! Margret Thatcher! everything is mostly HER fault! Chris oh look down there... a shark (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) Are you trying to say LUGNET has "jumped the shark"? That's a serious question, please answer seriously... if you are, you may not be the only person thinking that, not by a wide margin. (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) That's what I call mine too. Iain (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) Good Night Everybody! Derek (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) I wouldn't say that. However, the Lego community has changed. It's no longer what it was when I joined in like 1995--it's...I dunno, more mainstream. Key items that happened: 1. Todd and Suzanne create Lugnet. Key outputs: -Now people have an (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto) !!

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) O M G !!!! :) places NOT to go......... there. ITS 4:20 AM !!! gee, even CALUM is sleeping. Why am i up??? I know, I can use this time to work on my train module. Chris shark........EEE...EEEwww...www (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

You know, in my random stumblings among the leftovers from a nice community it's nice to find rtlToronto and Calums wise words once more. Perhaps one day I'll be back sharing the fun in full scale. This should provide som interesting responces from (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) Well put Calum.... I feel the same way. Personally, all I ever read nowadays is rtlToronto, loc.ca, and technic sub-groups. Everytime I have ventured into the main group, and scanned some of the topics (the great dumb grey debate, people (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) It's really cold outside. I think hell is freezing over. I just ventured out from the .robotics room and read the 10152 thread. I agree with BOTH Larry AND Calum. I better get my coat. Steve (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Calum Tsang wrote: <snip> (...) Calum "The Yellow Dart!" Tsang. That'll earn you +5, maybe +10... And I think that, once again, Calum put into one wonderful post exactly what I'm feeling. TLC is getting better with their (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) Yah, go Calum! I should write something that will allow me to subscribe to some people's posts, no matter where they are. (...) I will never-ever-ever make a post about The Sibbie! (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

And coming in at number 5 it's: Dan Boger wrote: > (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) The thing is I have that old 'zoodles' commercial im my head now--"well sharky's going to bite your ear off!" Chris, we got Derek, Dave (me), and our most recent convert, John. You're coming over, my friend--you do not know the power of the (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) Oh, I just hate it when Calum's right about stuff. Prolly almost as much as he hates it when I'm right. Fortunately for me, there's a frequency difference there. :) (...) Me either. (URL) That wiki scares me, it takes obsession to a Whole New (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) Anytime we can mention the number 1 (or two, if you like 'The Burninator!!!" more...) all time best SB E-mail... fhqwhgads Though, for me, my all-time favourite still is "Can you play the guitar?"--it's so nostalgic with the lack of easter (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

Getting back to the point... Calum Tsang wrote: <snip a lot of note worthy stuff> I was just thinking, what are the things I like on Lugnet. It comes down to two things. rtl and excellent MOCs. Maybe I haven't explored the extents of lugnet to the (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto) !

  Re: Whatever happened...

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Derek Raycraft wrote: snip (...) That's a bloody brilliant idea.... wish I would have thought of it myself! Although I'm not really bothered by all the silly and/or childish bickering, although the ignorance and whiney (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) Calum, Thank you for saying what brought me to Lugnet 4 years ago, when I came out of my dark age and found many friends and much enjoyment of playing with the plastic brick. Count me among your followers. I've seen people who are highly (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) Throughout time, there has been the threat of the end of the world, at least as we know it..... Y2K??? Armageddon?? WW III?? Plagues?? Pigs flying?? Hell freezing???? etc..... That's nothing compared to this!!! This may be the first known (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Calum Tsang wrote: SNIP! (...) Apart from your non-sensical posts that confuse the heck out of non-rtltoronto people (haha), I find that I usually agree with your more serious postings. Well said, Calum. -Bryan (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) non-sensical postings from Calum??? In rtlToronto????? Really????? Say it ain't so! I guess I'm one of the patients in the institution now, 'cause they always made sense to me. Dave K -who has never really sat thru 'One who flew over the (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

Hello! Sorry for chiming in. I know I'm exactly the type of Lugnet-user who ruines it for you. I'm sorry. This said I'm not going to poison the nice atmosphere here on rtltoronto and I'm chiming out (does that expression exist?) as suddenly as I (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) Do you think posts like this make it better, or worse? You compare these issues to schoolyard misbehavior. If I remember correctly, the best way to deal with much of that was to ignore it. The people behaving badly will run out of steam and (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) Since you've asked this question directly, probably worse or neither. Those who post directly on the topics themselves are the worst offenders, either pro or contra. I'm just opining on the posters themselves, which is probably not any better, (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) I was perfectly for the 'ignore them' routine. The situation, however, is that the company of our chosen hobby has representatives here and they see the shenanigans and the b*tchfest going on by a vocal minority. How then can we, as adult fans (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) You know, I didn't think of that, and it's a really good point Dave. A lot of opportunities are going to disappear when Jake and/or Lego finally get fed up with us. Calum (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) I'm sorry but...what does it mean to "jump the shark"? (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) I wouldn't be surprised if opportunities have already been lost. I also fear the day that Jake finally gets fed up and quits. I don't see anyone else stepping forward to fill these shoes, and I don't see Lego Corporate feeling much presser to (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

Not sure where to chime in this thread, so I'm dropping it in the middle :) I personally feel I was lucky enough (or unlucky enough) to come out of the dark ages and rediscover my love of Lego about two years ago. My slow discovery of the the AFOL (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) (URL) What is jumping the shark? A. It's a moment. A defining moment when you know that your favorite television program has reached its peak. That instant that you know from now on...it's all downhill. Some call it the climax. We call it (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) Just type "jump the shark" into Google and hit "I'm feeling lucky" Derek (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) It sure is! (...) Can anyone think of *anyone* in the hobby that would have taken as much abuse as Jake has? Anyone? I sure can't. Call that Jake-fanboyness if you want, but we are by my reckoning already about 2 incidents into borrowed time (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) "Jump the shark" is an American based slang, describing the fall from glory... when something popular/useful/inter...aging..... has lost its luster.... fails to impress or declines in its usefulness or impressiveness. Some would argue that is (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Calum Tsang wrote: [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Treading ever so lightly into rtl since it appears to be the only sane part of LUGNET right now. I would wager there are more than a few people at LEGO who are already fed up (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) That's pretty much what drove me out of my black hole of lurkerdom. I don't think the negativity expressed on LUGNET is fully representative of the AFOL audience, but if there are no rebuttals to some of the most outlandish displays of pique, (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) But since I am a buck fifty short and a day late, my teacher should have taught me not to use dial up and always check to see if the answer has been already posted, man I am TOO slow to play with the big boys!!!!! Janey "Red Brick. (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) This is a reference to the TV show Happy Days. The show was good for a few years, but it eventually started getting gimmicky and went down in quality. This first became apparent when they made an episode about Fonzi jumping his motorcycle over (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) Ya. AND THAT'S SCARY. Chris Magno: sane??? Well more seriously... .build isn't too bad. In fact can I put a general pitch/plea in? If you see a MOC you like, and you think it worthy, *spotlight* it.. that's one way to move the non MOC stuff (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) No, and it was voluntary, AFAIK. He took the initiative to be the community liaison and while I don't know exactly what happened, my impression was that he pitched his superiors on the idea of being that link. I'm the kind of guy at work who (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) I was thinking about this earlier. Jake just needs to shut-up. Whenever he starts talking, it seems to get him (and TLC) into trouble. Imagine if he had never said anything about the Maersk ship. People would not have expected it to become a (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) I think I may have to make a new year's resolution, give up on lugnet and just browse brickshelf instead. That's where most of today's cool MOCs show up anyhow. Lugnet doesn't seem to have a lot to do with the art and craft of Lego these days. (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) Calum, a few of us in NELUG were just talking about these very topics at the train show we did this past weekend. While I'm not speaking on behalf of NELUG, the four of us who were having the discusion all agreed that LUGNET, or more correctly (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened... LETS end this.....

(...) OK, i haven't even made it through this thread, and I'm I'm.... I'm something.... mad, bored, angry, lethargic.... all of the above. I was NOT going to say this in public.... but now I will. WE ~HAVE~ JUMPED THE SHARK!!!! PERIOD! END OF (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) I'm not sure I agree. The Internet is a hyper-acceleration of the human tendency to spend more time on negative communication than on positive. Any company gleaning information from a customer or fan base on the Internet must, in order to (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) Nothing wrong with Larnet :^) Maybe if the moon turns Sand Red (at least missions to 'Mars' would be cheaper) (...) Definitely a 'Pay-per-view' event, have the contracts been signed yet, where's Don King Donuts when we need him ? (...) Ever (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) A very, very good idea! Afterall, the MOCs and the subsequent sharing of techniques and ideas were primarily what Lugnet was all about! Though I am not a very active poster, I do lurk and read alot of the posts and the elevated levels of (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

I don't post much on Lugnet anymore, though I visit every so often. I had to reply to this, though. I think Calum expressed the exact way I feel. A lot of the fun has been taken out of LEGO. The community is a scary place and the products...although (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Hold on bub, this truly is the Golden Age of LEGO Re: Whatever happened...

Calum, I've been around since the earliest days of rtl, and have followed the evolution of the AFOL community with great interest. The direction things have taken does not surprise me. It's like anything else (ie, the Wild West, founding of Silicon (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Hold on bub, this truly is the Golden Age of LEGO Re: Whatever happened...

Tony, Long time no see. (then again, I dont venture out past rtlToronto.) You make some very good points, but the long and the short of it is. this place is turning into those very same usenet groups you refer to. I can only hope that Todd will (at (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened... LETS end this.....

(...) [snip] There is so much interesting discussion in this thread, I couldn't decide which post I wanted to reply to most. But I picked this one because of this one phrase. I often find that while sitting in front of the PC to respond to a post, I (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) [SNIP] (...) I'm going through the same evolution as you, too. It's one thing to ignore general nuisances. But it's another to ignore troublemakers who are in your own backyard stirring up crap and potentially ruining things for everyone of (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) [Finger on nose, and pointing at Kelly.] :] KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203 (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened... LETS end this.....

(...) WOW, look at me... adding up the post count. since i asked for the ideas I guess i should start off by saying thanks. (...) 1. the marshmallow is gone. the cat at it. (...) you are correct, BUT one teeny tiny point is that this is NOT just (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened... LETS end this.....

(...) Ouch. (...) I'll give you an answer right now, how's that. As I understand it (remember I ain't the techie here, just the gadfly) the technology to archive a group exists. The group itself doesn't go away, it's just not visible any more, stuff (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Pete White wrote: Snipped a good portion of my babbling...... Hi Pete, I'm glad someone can grok my somewhat off the wall "humour", so much for trying to lighten the mood. (...) The contract is in negotiations, while he, (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  A New Plan (WAS Re: Whatever happened...)

(...) A few thoughts: I was fairly active on RTL from '93 or '94 until '96, and less active but a frequent reader of LUGNET from late 2000 to late '03. I agree that the community and the spirit are not what they used to be. In fact, I hesitate to (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto) !

  Re: Whatever happened...

You missed the biggest change of all since the beginning of LUGNET: Todd's Burnout. When Todd & Suz broke up, LUGNET became a near-anarchy. Suz came in as a sort of moderator for a while, but was very sporadic. Then she left, and Todd came back, but (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) Sorry don't under stand this 100% (the English language here). I guess you mean, that people complain about new sets, bad design etc. Some do, I still (an most?) see sets as bricks, we build our own. New colours - that causes a lot to discuss. (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general)

  Re: Hold on bub, this truly is the Golden Age of LEGO Re: Whatever happened...

That you would use the term "tragic", which in my dictionary is defined as "very sad; especially involving grief or death or destruction", to describe something as insignificant and irrelevant to world events and people's lives as a the colour of a (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened... LETS end this.....

Chris, Chris, Chris... You are just going through the transition that many of us have already had... from BC to AD (Before Children to Adult Depression : ).... You have finally discovered now that you have a child, you are (slightly) less a child (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Hold on bub, this truly is the Golden Age of LEGO Re: Whatever happened...

(...) Wow, good to hear from you! (...) I'll agree we've certainly made a lot of progress since the wild days of atl and rtl, that there is no doubt. Something like Peeron for example, I use all the time when I build (which is not as much as I'd (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) I don't know about that. Lugnet enabled the community to grow to proportions rtl never would have. But those same proportions cause us trouble now. (...) That's true--but there's some amazing stuff out there, especially this last year or two: (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Whatever happened... LETS end this.....

(...) OK rob, your still new(ish) so I'll cut you some slack. 1. I am a barometer of all things lugnet. if its hapening to me, its going on ALL OVER. so you may be right about the BC/AD thing, but what it really means is that MANY people will now, (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Hold on bub, this truly is the Golden Age of LEGO Re: Whatever happened...

Calum, That's my thinking. As long as the good outweighs the bad, which as far as the online AFOL community is concerned it does by a mile. So what can we do about some of the nastiness that has arisen here at Lugnet? Well, look no further than this (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Hold on bub, this truly is the Golden Age of LEGO Re: Whatever happened...

Long time no see, Tony. Too long if you ask me, glad to see you around again. (...) Exactly. (...) Good idea. And in the fullness of time, I think he'd realise you're both right. In the context of world events it's not a tragic thing (what's going (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

I'm sorry but...what does it mean to "jump the shark"? (...) Like in Star Trek (the original series) the Spock's Brain episode. -Ted (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) Many people forget, however, that the 'Gamesters of Triskelion" was after 'Spocks Brain' K, it's not on 'City on the edge of Forever" or "Tomorrow is Yesterday" or "Doomsday Machine", but "Gamesters" is ranking up there in my books ;) Though, (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) Dave- Without question, my two most favorite times in a movie theatre were watching, for the first time, the space opening through the moon landing in 2001: A Space Odyssey and every second of Star Wars (we saw the 16:00 showing on opening day (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Trek Talk was Re: Whatever happened...

(...) I loved the end of ST4--we had Sarek and Spock do the father/son "I never used to appreciate the decision you made but now I do" (and for any Trekkie worth their salt, that's a very big thing...) and then the banter on the shuttle "Excelsior?? (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Whatever happened... LETS end this.....

(...) I thought Dave K. nominated himself King, with strong support from J.R.B. Remember... "proclaim that I am hereby appointed king of all the lands... and we shall call it 'This Land'..." Did you miss the memo? -Rob. (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened... LETS end this.....

(...) LOL, I got that memo, here let me look it up..... yep right (URL) THERE!!!> although for the record, it seems that even at that time there were some controversy with said memo. Yay to lack of standardization!!! Yay to the lack of confusing (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Trek Talk was Re: Whatever happened...

(...) David- The funny thing is that I was thinking about that scene just yesterday (during my 3 hour traffic delayed drive home from our current SCLTC show in San Diego). The actual lines are closer to "As I recall I opposed your enlistment to (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Trek Talk was Re: Whatever happened...

(...) I coudln't remember the exact quotation, and didn't feel like slogging thur all the quotes at IMDB to find it. Yeah, after all those years of reading books and watching TOS and such, the Spock/Sarek thing was pretty moving. "They are my (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened... LETS end this.....

(...) Well, since S.A. doesn't seem to be around anymore to keep you on your toes, somebody's gotta take up the slack ;] (...) Sounds perfect! (...) Okay, fair enough. That was your first reply..., you could use the second one for the definite (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened... LETS end this.....

(...) Okay, but IMO that's a second, separate issue from "the fall of Lugnet", although it does have influence upon it. The question is how do you think it's influencing Lugnet? If you think users like ourselves are burning out on Lugnet and LEGO in (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened... LETS end this.....

(...) So some people leave. I don't know if you intend to equate losing long-standing members from the site/hobby with the absolute demise of the site, but it's kinda sounding that way. People have this un-natural expectation that an on-line (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Trek Talk was Re: Whatever happened...

(...) Egad, the third season was, well...not quite as good as the previous 2... but I have a fondness for the original series. (...) I'm bummed I came in late :-) (...) My favorite two times at a theatre were watching Raiders of the Lost Ark - lord, (...) (19 years ago, 24-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Trek Talk was Re: Whatever happened...

(...) Yep, even the third season, in the grande scheme of the history of television, was still pretty good. It looked like the actors were having more fun with their roles anyway. (...) I would have to say that ranking up there for me was when (...) (19 years ago, 24-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Trek Talk was Re: Whatever happened...

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys wrote: (snip) (...) And William Shatner got to act like a woman :-) ! (...) From that movie, I really like the final shot of Reeve looking toward the camera while flying...one nice curtain call scene. I need (...) (19 years ago, 24-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Trek Talk was Re: Whatever happened...

(...) When I was in university (Queens') we had Doohan as a guest speaker....the place was packed, standing room only...now I can't even remember what it was for...just that Scottie was there... We gave him an Queens' Engineering jacket....he (...) (19 years ago, 25-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Whatever happened...

(...) This registered wrong in my subconcious when I first read it, and today I confirmed that "Gamesters" was actually a Season 2 episode, so it wasn't hard to be better than "Spock's Brain". -Ted (19 years ago, 31-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)