 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12662
Re: Whatever happened...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 21:11:24 GMT

Simple--they can't.  As a multi-naitonal and multi million dollar business, I
wouldn't take an AFOL community seriously if what's posted here on LUGNET is any
indication as to the maturity of said group.

I've stated before--bad things happen when good people keep their mouths shut
whilst the vocal minority yip away.

You know, I didn't think of that, and it's a really good point Dave.  A lot of
opportunities are going to disappear when Jake and/or Lego finally get fed up
with us.

That's pretty much what drove me out of my black hole of lurkerdom. I don't
think the negativity expressed on LUGNET is fully representative of the AFOL
audience, but if there are no rebuttals to some of the most outlandish displays
of pique, then LEGO may think the whiners speak for everyone here. That simply
isn't true.  And some of the posts were simply factually wrong.

But there must be some way to mitigate the noise-to-information ratio.

BTW, liking this thread Calum, it's much more representative of the LUGNET
spirit, I think.

- Kelly