 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12622
Re: Whatever happened...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:53:55 GMT

The future I see with the Lego community, at least from my view, is that we'll probably end up in more regional groups.  It's happened already:  The rtlToronto NG is filled with in-jokes that people only get if you're with us at dinner at Swiss Chalet every second Friday of the month.

It's no longer special just to like Lego, because that's pretty common.  That's only the foundation.  The rest is friendship and banter, and that's just starting to get good.

Jesus, it's 3AM.

Calum

Well put Calum.... I feel the same way.
Personally, all I ever read nowadays is rtlToronto, loc.ca, and technic
sub-groups.

Everytime I have ventured into the main group, and scanned some of the topics
(the great dumb grey debate, people accusing Jake of lying, "collectors", and
now the Maersk ship) I walked away disgusted, and sadly, almost ashamed of being
a part of LUGNET and calling myself an Adult Fan of Lego.

I think that in rtlToronto we have a cool and unique group, and I'm happy to be
a member of it.

just my 2 cents

John