 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10031
  [rtlToronto] rtlToronto15: Deep Yellow

rtlToronto15: Deep Yellow Toronto Public Library Lillian H Smith Branch January 31st, 2004 (URL) guys, Got some time over the holidays? Have a burning desire to try your hand at Lego robotics or attempting a tough new challenge? Consider yourself (...) (20 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.announce)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto15: Deep Yellow

(...) airspace is. I don't need more than about an inch to the side of the board... but others may have larger apparatuses, and I need to know how far to clear off at the side... (20 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto15: Deep Yellow

(...) I've been proceeding under the assumption that the common airspace is all the area the board sits in. So, the 34x22 area must be cleared when the turn is over. (20 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto15: Deep Yellow

(...) Correct. In this diagram, it's the area NOT covered by the red or green shaded areas: (URL) ring of bricks is also considered part of common airspace--we decided on this before. Calum (20 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto15: Deep Yellow

I read the rules but had a couple of questions still: 1) what colour is the rest of the playfield (i.e. neither the black nor white corners)? 2) what size are the corners? 8x8, the same as the maximum sobot size? 3) What is the anticipated marble (...) (20 years ago, 18-Dec-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto15: Deep Yellow

(...) Dave, you need to answer these. I'll get them online once you post an answer. (...) Yes. I think the rules state this. Dave should probably post a photo of the game board which we can put online. (...) I think this one I can answer: Either way (...) (20 years ago, 19-Dec-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto15: Deep Yellow

(...) The playfield can be seen on this page-- (URL) electrical tape in the center will be removed. If this isn't good enuf, I will paint the field a medium grey a few weeks before the show. (...) The corner squares will be approximately 8 inches by (...) (20 years ago, 19-Dec-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto15: Deep Yellow

Calum did a great job getting the rulz up--thanks! Clarifications--if you wanna use more than 1 RCX, or an RCX and a Scout, or an RCX and a Microscout, or any combination thereof, to an unlinmited degree--hey, knock yourselves out. The entire 'bot, (...) (20 years ago, 19-Dec-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto15: Deep Yellow

(...) DAVE!!! you cant just say "I'll paint it" that is unacceptable. you need to be able to tell all participants the exact SHADE of grey, where to buy the paint, how many coats to apply, AND on what type of surface the board is made of. like Calum (...) (20 years ago, 19-Dec-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)