 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10031
Subject:
[rtlToronto] rtlToronto15: Deep Yellow
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.announce
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 07:37:40 GMT

rtlToronto15: Deep Yellow
Toronto Public Library
Lillian H Smith Branch
January 31st, 2004

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-013104/lego-013104-rules.html

Hi guys,

Got some time over the holidays?  Have a burning desire to try your hand at Lego
robotics or attempting a tough new challenge? Consider yourself invited to build
for rtlToronto15 this January!

rtlToronto, a group for Lego Enthusiasts in the Greater Toronto and Southern
Ontario Area, is presenting rtlToronto15, our 13th Lego robotics challenge.
Intended for advanced and entry builders, this event features two games:

a) Deep Yellow, where robots play the classic children's game, Connect Four,
against each other autonomously.  The robots handle scanning the gameboard,
analyzing where to move using game theory, then dropping the actual pieces like
real players.

b) Marble Sorting v4, intended for new competitors, with robots collecting,
sorting and returning coloured marbles to a home base.

Teams are already starting to build their robot entries for this contest.

So, come join us in sunny Toronto, Ontario, Canada on Saturday, January 31st,
2004, and start building!

Calum
rtlToronto Organizer

Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto15: Deep Yellow