 Organizations / Canada / ParLUGment / 747
746  |  748
Subject:
fore! new moc - fly-by mini-putt
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:22:43 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

another of my contributions to railfair 27 was the 18-hole mini-putt golf course inspired by my 12-year-old niece, jenna. we spent a week in maine this summer & we took her & her younger brother to a large mini-putt with one hole played inside the mountain under the waterfall and another played over 3 different levels. she suggested i create one in lego.

the course includes some of the most typical challenges you might find - the windmill, the sand and water traps, the bridge over water - & some that i haven’t seen anywhere but in my head - the hole with the whirling tops & the hole on the mini-island.

the course ends at the 18th with the wedding chapel (microscale in homage to janey red brick) and finishes under the microscale gazebo. thanks to 3 yodas, i had enough (just about) sand green plates. the course takes its title from its location on the layout beside the municipal airport but you can’t miss this mini-putt from the air.

the cabin houses the maintainance equipment on one side & the office on the other. the roof makes good use of the ubiquitous trap door pieces that our group seems to have more than enough of. they were being maligned so i thought i’d find a better use for them.

special thanks go to parlugment’s jason for the golf club idea & ka-on and tim for the loan of the “golf balls”.

enjoy

-§ deborah higdon-leblond §-