 Organizations / Canada / OBB / 578
Re: Monorail tower (Was: Just to prove, YET AGAIN, that LUGNET's not dead...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 2014 22:55:00 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.obb, Jeffrey Findley wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.obb, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
The way you match up the plates where the monorail takes a turn around
the landing pad is very nice.

I agree with Jacob.  It's amazing how those wing pieces seem to exactly match
the radius of the curved monorail track sections.

I like what I see so far for this build.  Classic Space has always been my
favorite.  Please post pics of the completed build to Lugnet.

There is a wee bit of tension on the radius when you put the wing plates
together.  However, if you lock it down on the 90 degrees to whatever you're
building, it pretty much flattens the wing 'circle'  The tension in the hinge
plates is why you usually see me putting the slopes on top--it holds the hinge
plates together.

THanks for looking.

I'll get the whole thing up when finished and link it here

Take care,

Dave K