 Organizations / Canada / OBB / 306
Re: Externally powered Monorail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 2010 01:20:08 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.obb, Mike Petrucelli wrote:
   In lugnet.org.ca.obb, David Koudys wrote:
   I won’t bother to link pics here ‘cause it always takes me at least 3 tries to embedden ‘em...

Anyway, with much further ado, here’s my latest POC--

Externally powered monorail!!

Pics at Flickr--

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sparky1701/sets/72157625215012881/

WOW! That is awesome. I am going to have to try this sometime in the future. I will suggest some HO pick-up shoes for the power though.

Picked some up today and have been experimenting--as of now, the wire brushes are better--the bogey doesn’t accomodeate the shoes nicely without some heavy mods...

i’ll keep playing. though!

Not sure if those would work without some more
   invasive modding though. I would be loath to make any permanent mods myself. Overall I would say well played sir, well played indeed.

Thanks! I;m having fun with it!

-Mike Petrucelli

Dave K