 Organizations / Canada / OBB / 146
Re: Few things
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:29:04 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.obb, Chris Magno wrote:
David Koudys wrote:
First, never bring a motorized MOC to LEGO diner...

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr-W5NKsUzg>

Someone'll modify your creation to do something it wasn't designed for, but is
way totally cooler than anyone thoguht!

um, is the thing you didn't expect, when someone in the background ask
someone else for there coleslaw?

Mmmmmmmmmm.... coleslaw... oh wait--that's Oliver.

What else...

Oh, in the latest installment of the 'let's make things move on the layout', I
wanted to do some sort of gantry repair/build 'bot.

I also wanted to make it 'fit into' classic space motif.  I used the long legs,
though--those weren't out until the next year.  Eh, I won't tell if you don't.

<http://sandysparky.net/gallery/test_creations/DSC00196<http://sandysparky.net/albums/test_creations/DSC00196.thumb.jpg

<http://sandysparky.net/gallery/test_creations/DSC00195<http://sandysparky.net/albums/test_creations/DSC00195.thumb.jpg

your server is slow.

Waah.

And the moving test--

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ2Zh8B8s6A>

DAVE, this is VERY impressive. I like it a lot.
Great job.

Thanks!

It was the proof of concept.  My original idea was to use string and do this
really fancy XY plotter printer thing so the EOAT mechanism would move across
the gantry as well, but that got waaaay too big too quickly--wanted the
repair/building 'bot to look like it fits into the environment.

So there you are.

Working on it--update with more pics and movies when I have 'em

Dave

Please feel free to you any other FREE and FAST picture hosting service.

Again, double Waah!

Oh wait!  I own a fast and free picture hosting service--is called 'Sandy's and
Sparky's Space'  And oh wait!  I own it.  And oh wait!  I'm the administrator of
it and can do whatever I want to it without going through some one else's
system...

Yeah, I think I'll stay with what I got.  Is fast enough,Mr. Impatient Man.

;)

Chris

Dave K