 Organizations / Canada / OBB / 139
Subject:
Few things
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2008 18:33:23 GMT

First, never bring a motorized MOC to LEGO diner...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr-W5NKsUzg

Someone’ll modify your creation to do something it wasn’t designed for, but is way totally cooler than anyone thoguht!

What else...

Oh, in the latest installment of the ‘let’s make things move on the layout’, I wanted to do some sort of gantry repair/build ‘bot.

I also wanted to make it ‘fit into’ classic space motif. I used the long legs, though--those weren’t out until the next year. Eh, I won’t tell if you don’t.

And the moving test--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ2Zh8B8s6A

It was the proof of concept. My original idea was to use string and do this really fancy XY plotter printer thing so the EOAT mechanism would move across the gantry as well, but that got waaaay too big too quickly--wanted the repair/building ‘bot to look like it fits into the environment.

So there you are.

Working on it--update with more pics and movies when I have ‘em

Dave

Re: Few things