 Organizations / 707
  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) That's also exactly what I wrote. (...) Why? It will really push the group operating LEGOFan.net to keep doing their best. Isn't that good? (...) Why? (...) That's what I wrote. LEGOFan.net will of course not be able to force other sites to do (...) (20 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.org)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) What about the official Lego exclusive pictures/releases, etc., alluded to in the original announcement? (20 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.org)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) To be fair, since nothing's set in stone, this is a little hard to answer 100% guarenteed. It is, however, what our current planning is based on. Jennifer Boger (20 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.org)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) Yeah, sorry -- not trying to be unfair. I'm just curious about how that'll all work out. (20 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.org)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) That is one of those tricky problems we haven't resolved yet. But I can say as much as that LEGO hasn't said no to it yet (although I expect they will). No matter what, the rights I imagine are important for LEGO (that other people don't (...) (20 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.org)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) The courts of the US have repeatedly upheld the distinction of infrastructure vs. content. For example, spammers using an ISP to send millions of non-solicited emails are liable for their actions, while the ISP is not (unless the ISP knowingly (...) (20 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) Have I rejected that distinction anywhere? (...) Yes. Have I ever claimed anything else? (...) Wrong. They would have to give LFN a license to distribute their work, just as you have given Lugnet a license to distribute your work, when you (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-04, to lugnet.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) Not that I've seen. However, this comment was in reply to your asking why content was different than code, which I hadn't seen addressed elsewhere. (...) Actually, the Lugnet T&Cs reserve Lugnet's right to redistribute all content posted, (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.org, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.

(...) No! Read them carefully. They do among other things say: »Sublicense to third parties the unrestricted right to exercise any or all of the foregoing rights granted with respect to the communication.« That is just the same as the sublicensing (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.org, lugnet.general)