 Off-Topic / Fun / 9633
Re: Interesting retail pack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 03:59:57 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Troy Cefaratti writes:

Hey everyone.  I am the culprit as Steve Bliss has mentioned.
Here are the details.

The package was from some kind of folding screwdriver.  The plastic cover slips
right off easily, there was only a staple holding it in position.  I kept the
package for a while intending to make a gag-gift or something, not necessarily
Lego.  One idea I had a long the way was some really unwanted Lego package,
like say... one or perhaps two Timmies.  Or maybe like a back of 4 2x4 red
bricks.

So, our MichLug meeting was upon me and I had very little in the way of MOCs
to show.  Steve wanted these eyeballs, so I sacrificed a little sleep for a
laugh.

It wasn't too hard to do that.  I spent a little time on finding a font that
looked similar to the font on the land speeder box.  I wasn't too careful with
sizing or anything on the logos.  I somewhat intentionally did not put on any
set number.  In the photo it looks a little large due to the fact it is my 6 yr
old son who is holding it.  I did not glue the page to the cardboard original
sheet, and didn't bother with glossy paper or any of that.  The price stickers
are original and are on the outside I do see how one could appear to be on the
inside of the plastic.

I was pretty sure no one would run off to Meijer and spend time looking for
these.  I apologize if anyone lost sleep over fearing they were not, say, Star
Wars Lego 'complete.'  If I made people laugh, it was worth the effort.

Ken

"Kevin Salm" <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> wrote in message

My vote is that it is NOT a genuine Lego product.  If it were, I would • call it
the lamest excuse for a service pack I have ever seen.

Somebody just has too much time on their hands.  I doubt that it is Troy, • but
is likely someone he knows.    :)

Perhaps my calendar is on the wrong month (August or April?)  :~)

It was not me.  I just happened to come accross it on Brickshelf and thought
it was the oddest thing i'd seen in a while.  I did not think it was a real
product, as I have never seen Lego sell anything in a blister pack like
that.  And if they chose to, why on earth would they choose a "Yoda Eyes"
pack?  It seems to have generated a bit of interest though.  Maybe they
SHOULD make it available!  ;)

Anyways, a little birdy told me it was made up by someone who was delivering
said parts to a buyer at a LUG meeting.  I bet it made for an interesting
conversation piece.

Troy