 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5042
Re: Interesting retail pack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.fun
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 16:24:21 GMT

[XFUT lugnet.fun]
In lugnet.lego.direct, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Troy Cefaratti writes:
Would anyone from LEgo care to comment on this:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kkoleda/meetings/August2002/pic00015.jpg

It has to be the oddest thing i've seen recently...

I vote for a pretty good fake.  If you look at the reflections on the plastic
surface of the blister pack and track them around, you can see one that
traverses the price tag.  How do they get the price tag under the plastic?

I'm not seeing it.  Maybe it's a defect of the price tag that happens to
correspond to the reflection?

And the blister plastic seems to over extend the cardboard at least on the
left side of the image.

That's because it's not a plastic-glued-to-cardboard blister pack.  The
plastic is formed so that the cardboard back can slide in and out, making
the package recloseable.  Very useful when you only need one Yoda eye.

But pretty cool, really.

Didn't Ken do a good job on this? :)

The thing started with the MichLUG crew going on a bit of a feeding frenzy
with the Yoda Sculptures being clearanced at Target.  A good number of these
sets were bought as 'earth tone bulk brick packs'.  I suddenly had a need
for white/gray bionicle ball joints, so I asked if anyone had any spare
"Yoda eyes" that I could buy or trade at our meeting.  So Ken showed up at
the meeting with his custom-made "Yoda Yoke/Socket and Eyeball Set". :)  It
definitely got a big laugh from everyone. :) :)

Steve