 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5037
Re: Interesting retail pack
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 03:56:04 GMT

XFUT:  Off-topic.fun

In lugnet.lego.direct, Conrad Frank writes:
On Mon, 5 Aug 2002 19:27:13 GMT, "Christopher Weeks"
<clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote:

In lugnet.lego.direct, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Troy Cefaratti writes:
Would anyone from LEgo care to comment on this:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kkoleda/meetings/August2002/pic00015.jpg

I vote for a pretty good fake.  If you look at the reflections on the • plastic
surface of the blister pack and track them around, you can see one that
traverses the price tag.  How do they get the price tag under the plastic?

And the blister plastic seems to over extend the cardboard at least on the • left
side of the image.

But pretty cool, really.

Chris

Well, if it is a fake, it appears that someone went to the trouble to
actually make one, as it shows up on the table in these other shots in
the same gallery:

That much makes sense--that someone actually DID make one in order to take the
pictures.  But that does not prove or disprove that the item in question is or
is NOT a genuine Lego product.

My vote is that it is NOT a genuine Lego product.  If it were, I would call it
the lamest excuse for a service pack I have ever seen.

Somebody just has too much time on their hands.  I doubt that it is Troy, but
is likely someone he knows.    :)

Perhaps my calendar is on the wrong month (August or April?)  :~)

____

XFUT: Off-topic.fun because I believe this to be a hoax.