 Off-Topic / Fun / 7210
  Favourite (non-Lego) websites

I've noticed lately that the amount of surfing I do has dropped off dramatically. I now tend just to search out prototype info for pending Lego projects. If it's not that, I tend to revisit old sites repeatedly (Lugnet & ebay etc). So I thought the (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Favourite (non-Lego) websites

(...) www.shania.org Why? Well, duh! ;] KDJ ___...___ LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Favourite (non-Lego) websites

(...) My current favorite is www.megatokyo.com Why? The story. It's funny and touching at the same time. And the art, which is gorgeous. The community is interesting as well. My perennial favorite, though, is finance.yahoo.com, because it lets me (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Favourite (non-Lego) websites

(...) www.sluggy.com It was (BTW) introduced to me by Jeremy Sproat, on an o-t.fun thread here... I spent a couple of days last summer reading the entire archive - which is *complete* from day 1. I think that part is commendable by itself. Plus, (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Favourite (non-Lego) websites

(...) My favorite would be (URL) has just about everything one could want with respects to, well, Anime on DVD. :) News postings multiple times a day, contests, a review archive covering virtually all Region 1 anime DVD releases, and a great forum (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Favourite (non-Lego) websites

(...) Mee toooo.. it used to be my current fave till I found MT. Penny Arcade is a close second, though. (...) I thought most online comics had good archives... (...) Which has caught on, a lot of other strips do it too. :-) ++Lar (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Favourite (non-Lego) websites

(...) This probably belongs on off-topic.geek, but what the heck: (URL) (20 May 2001) isn't stellar (well, actually, I suppose technically it is...) but the write-up is informative. Others, the pictures are incredible... some from their archives: (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Favourite (non-Lego) websites

(...) Well, mostly only the ones that originated online (as far as I can tell). Newspaper-comics plus Garfield and the like only keep a few weeks back. (...) Hehe... guessso. -Shiri (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Favourite (non-Lego) websites

To All, What, there are other websites other than LEGO ones? ; ) Let's see, here a few of mine: CNS News - I mostly look at the comics, there are some good stories: (URL) I was listing a bunch, there is the most accessed one, I guess. Scott S. -- (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Favourite (non-Lego) websites

(...) I've seen this one before -- the part I really liked was the fact that I could find my old hometown, Kwajalein Atoll, on this image. And that's without the lights on. :-, (...) failed entry into the USAF may have done something to hinder that (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Favourite (non-Lego) websites

(...) I'd have to go with Slashdot -- (URL) -- since it helps so well to reinforce my "it's on the internet so it must be true" credo. :-P Plus, it's fun in a cathartic kinda way to see a bunch of people argue over the littlest things. Cheers, - (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Favourite (non-Lego) websites

(...) Ummm, no need to go to Slashdot. We have that here. :-) And you don't even have to go to .debate to find it... (5942 is the number on the front of the loco that stands in for the Hogwart's express, not the set number of set, true or false?) (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Favourite (non-Lego) websites

(...) Sliggy Freelance was my first online comic. Then, I started looking for more. Now I read Sluggy, Dragon Tails, GPF, Dot and Com, Real Life, Acid Reflux, and Absurd Notions. I too went through the entire Sluggy Archives, as well as the archives (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Favourite (non-Lego) websites

(...) Besides the many comics I listed in reply to Shiri's post, I also like to attack the following on a semi-regular basis. www.brunching.com - Silly humor that is "Simple as a hammer to the forebrain" www.gamespot.com - To fill my haunting desire (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Favourite (non-Lego) websites

(...) Recreation: (URL) For old men o' thirty like me, his take on the Superfriends-- which, by the way, is NOT recommended for children or the easily offended, as it can be pretty risque at points--is hilarious. He also has on that site the (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Favourite (non-Lego) websites

(URL) my name is sam, i draw pictures, from your titles." A guy who obsesses about robots and spends a lot of time with a paint program... What more do you need? this is one of my favorites: (URL) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)