 Off-Topic / Debate / 6660
Re: My point.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 11:59:00 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Eric Joslin writes:

AUK is defintely alt.usenet.kooks.  I have spent some time there myself, it • is
definitely a flame group.  The entire purpose of the group is to ridicule,
well, "usenet kooks".  People that post there generally get there in one of
two
ways- either they go there purposefully to flame away [1], or they end up
getting dragged in there because someone else *thinks* they're a kook.

D'oh!  I forgot my own footnote.

[1] I was there to flame.  I enjoy flaming people.  I don't think it's a big
crime, especially if you keep it to places where it's appropriate, such as
alt.usenet.kooks, alt.flame, ne.internet.services (circa 1995-7, anyway), etc.
Beleive it or not, I've never posted anything anywhere on Lugnet that I would
consider to be a flame.

It is not what you consider to be a flame which is important - do you agree?