 Off-Topic / Debate / 6590
Re: blowharding (was: Re: No promises when I'll be done, but...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 23:05:18 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John Rudy writes:
Todd,
I don't think this is a good idea.  You, of all people, don't need to get • into
a shooting match about who has done what for the community.  I myself think
highly of you and, through what I've seen on Lugnet, you are stooping very
low.  Please don't start one of those horrible threads that fills the inboxes
of America with mindless name-calling.  I think we can all agree, including
Matthew in one of his earlier post, let's stop now and let it rest.  What is
said is said and we don't have to dwell on it and look childish.  Please!  I
believe EVERYONE on Lugnet is above this, and we should ALL stop.
Thanks for your time
-John Rudy

Todd's just as much a part of this community as anyone else here, and I don't
think anything should limit him from speaking his mind, aside from his own
discresion of course.  I think he's also looking out for the community by
standing up to Matthew here.

Yes, I hope Matthew leaves, or better yet, is blocked out from the service.

<insert voice of moderation>

Well, Matthew Moulton has been, IMO and in the apparant majority of opinions,
a jerk today.

*BUT* If you search back, you'll notice that he's been an infrequent,
generally reasonable poster for upwards of 6 months.  His track record on
usenet is bad, but ultimately that isn't his track record here - although it
should be taken into consideration.  Other people have (again, IMO) been
ruder, or less considerate, without a call to block them from service - they
just haven't been as rude in as short a time.

If he continues to post in the same vein, then yes, I think he should be
ToSed - he's being obviously disruptive, and that falls under point 5 of the
Terms of Use.

But if he apologizes, or even just stops being a jerk, then he should be left
to his own devices, such as they are(1).

James

1:Like Todd, I guess I'm just not impartial enough to get around someone's
personal offensiveness to see the inner greatness of their models.