 Off-Topic / Debate / 16075
Re: Conflict in the Middle East
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 14:30:59 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dan Boger writes:

Right now the Israeli's have 1,000,000 Palestinian civilians imprisoned in
their own homes. To date, there have been *6* militants arrested.

I wonder where you get your information from?  please share...

The front page of The Guardian (not an infotainment channel). The online
version:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,4387034,00.html

==+==
So far, the onslaught has produced few tangible results for Israel while
reducing Palestinian towns to smouldering wrecks, penning tens of thousands
in their homes for days, and provoking shortages of food and other vital
supplies.

After Israeli helicopters and tanks bombarded a security compound in
Ramallah for nearly 24 hours, a government spokeswoman announced the capture
of just six wanted Palestinian militants. There was no sign that the house
to house searches of West Bank cities had uncovered any well-known fugitives.
==+==

The CNN merely says 1,100 have been arrested, it does not even say what the
charges are. I wonder when we will see the evidence these arrests are based
on? The 10th of Never I expect.

Scott A

"Through late Wednesday, the IDF said it had arrested about 1,100
Palestinians in the West Bank over the last couple of days, including many
"wanted Palestinians." The Israeli military also said it had seized about 50
rocket-propelled grenades and two launchers, tens of kilograms of
explosives, over 1,000 rifles and 173 pistols. "

http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/04/04/mideast.military/index.html

Dan