 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1281
Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 15:19:04 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.castle, Tamyra Teed writes:
Believe me.. be thankful you don't have the ability or are forced to buy
these sets.. I've seen Shifty's quality, and it sucks rocks. (big ones).. I
can't believe how blatantly they've stolen Lego's pictures and slightly
modified them.  One would think Lego could go after them just in that
respect...

I don't think Lego can go after them very effectively because of the lack of
strict laws about that kind of thing in China.

That is correct.  Taiwan, Hong Kong, mainland China, and many other east Asian
countries do not observe/enforce international copyright laws.  That is why
bootlegs are so common everywhere over there except Japan.

Jeff