 Castle / 13242
Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 15:19:08 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:

Arrgh! Nothing more annoying than cheap knowkoffs, especially of Castle Sets.
Can anyone tell me exactly why china ..
Well, as I understand it, it really is not in their best interest to do so.
Some of the companies almost legitimate, ...
It's like this, what If you took the harry potter of dragon riders of
pern, changed a few words, added a few paragraphs..
Many people don't care as long as they can make some quick cash without
actually doing work.  ...
Just to be reaffirming, I don't support plagiarism or anything of
that sort, so I don't think I will even think of buying these...
(they probably won't even fit with normal lego bricks anyhow:)

They don't even consistantly fit with each other!  ;)

Jeff

If it was real quality that these imitators sported, than even forgeries
have their own inate validness. Coupled with a mischeivious cloud of
industry these devices have their due place in my legoverse: jail. MegaFigs,
Kubriks, Blockos.. any interchangable minifig that has a degree of
compatibility with lego is acknowledged in toydom as the transient scum they
are. As art imitates life so does my lego world aspire to interpret what is
relevant to their own existence. These assemblages of lowly plastic struggle
for our time and energy. If one happens to stumble into the halls of
Velopolis it had either run fast to the shanty towns where even lego
villanry may spit on them, else be put on display as a curioso for the
citizens to view at their leisure. I would never activly collect this
drivel, but neither do i scoff at this chaff as wholly useless. At the very
least it sure makes Lego bricks look good.

cheers Joseph
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=silversmurfer