 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1280
1279  |  1281
Subject:
clones list
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 15:13:13 GMT

i'm cutting back on a lot of the pages i used to maintain so clones get the
axe.  hopefully this list will provide some resource for anyone that wants to
start a similar page in the future (though some links may be outdated at this
point).
my tyco and tente pages will be available for a bit longer but if someone wants
to keep them for posterity they really should contact me in the next month
or so.

..joseph g
--------------------------------------
American Bricks - Bulk brick sets from as early as the 1930s were originally
wooden and later released as plastic blocks
Atco - www.atcotoys.com/
Best-Lock - www.best-lock.com/
Better Blocks - Bulk buckets of blocks, some sets included glow-in-the-dark
elements.
Bloc-Tek - See Brik-o
Blockmen - Combination of blocks and army men.  Discontinued early 2001.
Blocko -
Blocks by the pound - generic blocks sold in simple bulk boxes, no specialized
pieces
Brik-O - like coko bricks, big helicopter and stealth bomber models
Brix Blox - sold through Sears (circa 1977-1983), line included small vehicles
and large bulk sets
Byggis/Bricks - Swedish product similar to Lego Blocks
Candy Blox - Edible bricks, available in the U.S. during early 1990s
Coko Bricks - www.tjcoko.com/cgi-bin/gen_home.pl,
Crosswise - www.antelope-toys.com/
Dalu - Obvious copy of Lego, found in Saudi Arabia.
Dietel - Early construction bricks from Germany
Flexiblocks - Founded in 1984.  www.flexiblocks.com/
Fuh Yeau Blocks - www.toy.com.tw/fuhyeau.html
Glory Alliance Co. - www.glory-alliance.com.hk/cgi-bin/gen_home.pl
Habe Building Blocks - Product from Hong Kong
Han Nam Building Blocks - www.eckorea.net/co/hannamcorp/default.asp
Idema - Released in Germany circa 1960
Kawada Blocks - www.angelfire.com/ut2/mescalero/kawada.html, see also Atco
KLOSS -
Lego Blocks - www.lego.com of the current industry standard (in our humble
opinion)
Loc-Blocs - bulk sets, small vehicle sets, Smurfs and Disney playsets (circa
1980-1988),
Mega Bloks - www.megabloks.com/
OK Building Blocks - Product from Taiwan.
Oxford Blocks - www.samsunco.com/products/pro7.html
Panda Toys - pandatoys.hypermart.net/
Pb - East German product with a lineup of town and military models in varying
sizes (circa 1980-1988)
Plastic City - Italian product released in the early 1970's.  Bricks were
larger/flatter than average brands.
Polly Hobby - German product from 1970s and 1980s,
Qubo - Italian product spotted in U.S. and Belgium circa 1994-1995.
Shifty - Blatant copy of Lego products (released in Canada starting in 1997
Tandem - Bulk sets of bricks/plates with fit and color match very close to Lego
(circa 1988-1992)
Tente - Unofficial pages thunder.prohosting.com/~carbon60/tente/index.html and
members.tripod.com/~mescalero/tente.html
Toys 2 Go - Travel box with building blocks
Tyco Superblocks - www.angelfire.com/ut2/mescalero/tyco.html
Ultra-Blox - Information pending.
Wing Tung Industrial - www.helloapple.com.hk/blk.htm