 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1279
Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 14:53:51 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Tamyra Teed writes:
Believe me.. be thankful you don't have the ability or are forced to buy these
sets.. I've seen Shifty's quality, and it sucks rocks. (big ones).. I can't
believe how blatantly they've stolen Lego's pictures and slightly modified
them.  One would think Lego could go after them just in that respect...

Indeed.  The quality is abysmal; Shifty bricks are made by cheap press
molding (the same technique that gives you the cave in 6099 Traitor
Transport).  Yick.

I don't think Lego can go after them very effectively because of the lack of
strict laws about that kind of thing in China.

James