 MediaWatch / 1879
Re: Lego to revive Duplo and scrap "Lego Explore"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:21:28 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Rob Antonishen wrote:

   Embattled toy giant Lego is performing a dramatic U-turn by scrapping its pre-school Lego Explore range and reviving the classic Duplo products in its place.

I read a nice analysis of that move in BrickJournal yesterday. :)

Also from the same article:

Separately, Marketing can reveal that Lego has signed a partnership with Formula One World Championship-winning team Ferrari.

Great, yet more Ferrari models. Don’t they already have half a dozen of these, at various sizes? The last catalog made me actually say, to nobody in particular, “What is it with these guys and Ferraris?” Sure, one Ferrari model is fine, but do we need so many?

But maybe I’m just not a car person. :)

Best,
– Joe