 Marketplace / Theory / *2770 (-20)
  Re: Copyright notice concerning Brickmania / Daniel Siskind's models.

(...) Way to go Dan! I'm excited to see you taking the leap to try and make custom kits a full-time job. Good luck and I look forward to talking in a few days at Brickworld 2009! -Dave ToT-LUG (15 years ago, 10-Jun-09, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Copyright notice concerning Brickmania / Daniel Siskind's models.

(...) I commend you for taking this leap of faith while staying within the Lego world that so many of us love. I've heard so many stories and theories about how hard it is to make money making and selling custom sets (esp. when it's a primary income (...) (15 years ago, 9-Jun-09, to lugnet.market.theory, FTX)

  Re: Buy/Sell/Trade forum in use?

(...) Hello Sonnich, I have a number of clear 2 x 4 bricks in excellent near-new condition. Email me if you're interested. Kind regards, J.P. Manalo (URL) (15 years ago, 27-Nov-08, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory, FTX)

  Re: Buy/Sell/Trade forum in use?

(...) Bricklink will be your best bet. Have you tried posting your request to the forums over there? But I'll warn you, you might have to post several times over on Bricklink, your post can become buried quickly under a flurry of other post... And (...) (15 years ago, 26-Nov-08, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Buy/Sell/Trade forum in use?

Hi all! Is the Buy/Sell/Trade forum still in use? I posted there lately, and I got almost no answers. There is next to no activity there too. I am looking for used clear bricks, any kind (used is the best for my purpose), but... I cannot find such (...) (15 years ago, 26-Nov-08, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Brickmania Custom Kits Again? Which Ones?

Well, being a past customer of your instructions, I'd say just sell the instructions. What you have is a design skill, so the simplest way to market that is through instructions. What you don't have is a factory that makes bricks. So producing kits (...) (16 years ago, 27-Sep-08, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Brickmania Custom Kits Again? Which Ones?

(...) I have to agree with your assessment about doing it for the love of it rather than making any money. I'm quite certain I made something close to $1-2 an hour after all the accounting was done. Factor in CD sales and maybe I tripled my wage. (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.market.theory)

"Daniel Siskind" <blackened@visi.com> wrote in message news:K7EpBH.152@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) I haven't actively sold any kits in a while although I did sell two a few months ago. Just recently I received an e-mail asking me if I'd (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Brickmania Custom Kits Again? Which Ones?

There's been a lot of renewed interest in my customs model kits and I've actually been considering to crank up the old production lines. I have no intention of bringing back any of my old, out-of-production kits, but all new kits from scratch. I (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Death Star 10188

(...) yes, european prices are VAT included. Actually, the VAT amount depends of country. In France, it is 19.6%. But even without VAT, we are still far far away from the US prices :( (16 years ago, 1-Sep-08, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Death Star 10188

(...) I remember the $1 laptops offered by Toshiba a few years ago. (16 years ago, 31-Aug-08, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Death Star 10188

(...) Wow! Props to LEGO Direct for making good on *their* oops. Plenty of net companies would try to weasel their way out/cancel the order. Big sets like this really highlight the disparity of pricing from country to country (explained in some part (...) (16 years ago, 31-Aug-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Best Selling Method for Sets: eBay vs BrickLink Question

(...) I'd agree that buyers of LEGO always seem to spend too much on LEGO sets on eBay. This might work to your advantage as a seller. Also, if you have sets for which you are not sure of a good asking price, the auction-style format makes a lot of (...) (16 years ago, 28-Feb-08, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Best Selling Method for Sets: eBay vs BrickLink Question

(...) When I first started buying old lego sets on ebay I did not know about bricklink (1999), I spent thousands on ebay and then came to find out that the ones on bricklink are usually less expensive and have a better discription, usually without (...) (16 years ago, 28-Feb-08, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Best Selling Method for Sets: eBay vs BrickLink Question

I have about thirty sets from several years ago (most MISB) that I've decided to sell. It's been a while since I've sold any of my LEGO and I realize that the LEGO-selling landscape has changed somewhat since then. I'd really appreciate the opinion (...) (16 years ago, 27-Feb-08, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: OBB--it's where the cool kids hang out

(...) That'll save me from financial ruin. Cheers Richie Dulin (FUT market.theory) (16 years ago, 13-Nov-07, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.market.theory, FTX)

  Re: New "Last Airbender" sets

(...) The show is amazing. Anyone who hasn't seen it, oughta. I recommend netflixing the DVDs as they are available. Unlike Galidor, Avatar is the real deal and totally worth it to watch and enjoy. It is about as good as the old-school Animated (...) (17 years ago, 30-Aug-07, to lugnet.market.theory, FTX)

  Re: Christmas has been cancelled

(...) Steve, My concern is that a retailer that has had many exclusive sets over the years is not apparently carrying your product anymore. LEGO seems to be losing market share in a huge way and that is not a good sign. This as set design seems to (...) (17 years ago, 29-Aug-07, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory, FTX)

  Re: Christmas has been cancelled

(...) Its also important to note that due to the supply transition the LEGO group had to pick its focus this year and that focus is Wal-mart, Target and TRU. The idea is that LEGO will do all it can to keep those three accounts as well stocked as (...) (17 years ago, 29-Aug-07, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory, FTX)

  Re: Christmas has been cancelled

I heard that if LEGO couldn't guarantee a certain amount of stock level by a certain date, then Sears has to make the decision to not include them in their catalog. I'm sure many people remember the amount of LEGOs on store shelves last December (...) (17 years ago, 28-Aug-07, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact