 Marketplace / Shopping / 8824
    Re: Target Lies and Great Buys! —Frank Filz
   (...) Note that it may not be an AFOL. There are plenty of folks selling LEGO on eBay who are not fans. They have just discovered that it does well. These folk may not necessarily buy a lot for their own kids and may not normally be in the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: Target Lies and Great Buys! —Tom Reed
   You may be right Frank! I've heard a number of stories of these sets dissapearing at the last minute. I can't believe there is that many AFOLs in these areas that I'm not familiar with. Sure some, but not that many! I'm wondering if maybe there is (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: Target Lies and Great Buys! —Kevin Johnston
   (...) Believe it or not, Lego is rilly rilly popular with families. ;-) Seriously, the last Target I was in, last weekend at the 50% level, there must have been 12 or 15 people walking up and down the clearance aisles -- most with kids in tow, and (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Clearance Mom's (was Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!) —Sun Yun
   (...) No kidding. These Target mom's are scaring me! I was at a Target on wednesday morning because I had a hunch things would go to 75%. As I walked through, the place looked the same as usual, then I hit the toy isle. Utter savagery, moms running (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

        Re: Clearance Mom's (was Re: Target Lies and Great Buys!) —Frank Filz
   (...) I decided to hit my Target Wednesday just as they opened. One other person was hitting the toy aisle but had no interest in LEGO. Over a week ago at another Target I saw someone else buying 50% off LEGO and we chatted a bit. She also mentioned (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)