 Marketplace / Shopping / 7502
    bad, BAD NEWS! —Robbie Anderson
   I regret to inform everyone that Lego WILL NOT be re-releasing any sets. I e-mailed their product services and they said they are not doing such a thing. Sorry to everyone who was going to buy any of the sets;they will not be in North America. (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town)

        Re: bad, BAD NEWS! —James Brown
     (...) LEGO (the part that handles retail, whatever it's called) isn't... LEGO Direct, a very different part of LEGO, is. (URL) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town)

        Re: bad, BAD NEWS! —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Well, on the one hand we have an unattributed email report, and on the other hand, a signed post in lugnet.lego.direct by Brad J. I know which way I'm betting. Like James says... LD does not hold the retail brief. Thank goodness. The retail (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town)

        Re: bad, BAD NEWS! —Fredrik Glöckner
     (...) I think you probably got a standard answer to your standard question. There are probably "millions" who ask the same question to LEGO, and they just ship off a standardized answer. Perhaps they will have to change this procedure in the future! (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town)

        Re: bad, BAD NEWS! —Sam Hastings
   Yes, that was something I was planning to do. I live in the UK, could you possibly tell me the e-mail address to contact them, just to get a 'second opinion'? Thanx in advance, (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: bad, BAD NEWS! —Tom Stangl
   You need to read .direct, Brad Justus himself has said they WILL be releasing the Classic Sets. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, iPlanet Web Server Technical Support | Netscape Communications Corp | A division of AOL Time Warner | iPlanet Support - (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: bad, BAD NEWS! —Daniel Staudt
   Tom Stangl <toms@netscape.com> wrote in news:3B154D5F.DD5C30...scape.com: lego is a segmented company, one hand does not know what the other hand is doing. product services is primarily the retail and customer services. they are not rereleasing (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.uk)