 Marketplace / Shopping / 3087
3086  |  3088
Subject:
My little FOTW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 14:19:26 GMT

Well maybe it's more like a FOTD, but anyway...

We've been coming to this store for about 12 years now so I've seen all the
various Lego sets this store has had to offer.  I've always been able to pick
up most of the clearance right when it goes on clearance so I wasn't expecting
to find anything unusual.  So there me and the kids were walking thru the toy
dept. while my wife was getting groceries.  My son and I were standing in front
of the Lego section looking at the Star Wars sets and the new Castle line when
my son spots two Samurai Swordsman.  Knowing that this little set had gone on
clearance a couple of weeks ago he wants to buy it, so I tell him just a minute
I'll go see how much they want for it.  So just around the corner is a cashier
but before I get there my son runs up and says, "Dad! look what I found!", lo
and behold but he's holding a 6336 Launch Command set(1).  Ok so maybe it's not
a holy grail but hey it's a nice little set.  Now at the cashier stand after a
little explaining that it wasn't going to be on "file", which it wasn't, she
called the manager and asked for a price, $13.84, and because they were running
a clearance on some toys we got another $3.54 off, I felt a good deal for
$10.30+tax. :-)

Makes a Dad proud when his son can find a nice old Lego set. :-)

Tom

(1) http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6336