 Marketplace / Shopping / 13036
Re: US Shop at Home Specials Discontinued
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 2010 13:13:49 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Dominic Gruetzmacher wrote:
I just called in to check the weekly LEGO Shop at Home phone specials.
Unfortunately, this program has been discontinued. There will be no more phone
specials. This was confirmed by speaking to a second LEGO customer service
representative.

Dominic Gruetzmacher

Thanks for the news, Dominic.

This is a sad statement but not too surprising considering Lego's great
financial returns (currently anyway) and the way their sets continue to be
overpriced by 20-25%.  They're making money (and keeping the tiniest suggestion
of any threat to their precious empire under control with lawsuits), why give
the patient/watchful consumer a break?

Competitive brands are making some small measures of improved success (and
getting some notable licenses).  This combined with those brands' terrific
customer service (even rivaling Lego's) may provide the needed impetus to remind
TLG of keeping the customer in mind, but we'll just have to see what happens
over the next couple of years.

Don't misunderstand me, I enjoy the TLG product (for the most part).  It's just
measures like removing this one small program (that gives a customer a break)
that have me shaking my head in disgust (and make me pause ever so briefly
before making my next Lego purchase).

..joseph g