 Marketplace / Shopping / 11708
Re: NEW Train Set! 65537 My Own Train Classic Freight Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 17:15:33 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Kevin Salm wrote:
   In lugnet.market.shopping, Jake McKee wrote:

This set is basically a bundling of existing SAH exclusive train products, much like the Target specials from last year were. They are targeted towards small toy dealers and hobby shops.

If an individual Lego fan wished to introduce products such as these to small toy dealers and hoby shops, how would one go about doing that?? How can someone get in contact with the small retailer program?

Rather than just visiting my local train and hobby shop and casually mentioning that, oh yeah, there are products just for guys like you to order and sell, I would like to present solid information. I would like to have a brochure, a dealer catalog with price list, or know exactly how to get those for the shop in question. THAT would seem to be much more effective than expecting the small shops to find out on their own. With LEGO’s poor history of dealing with small shops, I highly doubt many small shops would even bother to attempt to contact LEGO since past encounters have given mostly negative results.

I’ll talk to the Independent Toy Dealer (ITD) group about this ASAP.

In the meantime, if you have a local retailer that you think would be a good bet for the ITD group to contact, email me the name of the store and any contact info/location info you have to jake AT lego DOT com and I’ll pass the info along to the ITD group.

Thanks!
Jake

---
Jake McKee